Online Dating Services

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Online Dating Services

Postby tronagirl » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:51 am

Online racism? Whites-only dating site stirs anger - but it's a hit
I've seen dating sites for Muslims, Blacks, Asians, etc. So why is it all-of-a-sudden racist to have a site for Whites only?
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 am

tronagirl: It doesn't matter what whites do, it's going to be spun as racist in one way or the other no matter what. If police are too aggressive in fighting crime, then they're racist because they're arresting too many minorities. If they aren't aggressive enough, then they're racist because they're not doing enough to keep minorities safe. People who play the race card are the real racists and it's about time we call shenanigans on the whole bunch of them!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Feel the 'Bernin' love on a Bernie Sanders dating site
Maybe Alex Jones will start a dating website for those who don't feel the bern!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:12 am

CactusHugger: Although Alex Jones is about half the age of Bernie Sanders, there can be no doubt that Bernie is much more popular with the chicks. From what I've heard only homosexuals in denial watch Alex Jones on a regular basis. It's kind of a guy thing that makes them feel like real men.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:38 am

FBI Warns Of Online Romance Scams :kiss:
Being overly eager makes you an easy target for scammers. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is...
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:16 am

A New Campaign Wants You To Avoid Dating Trump Supporters
The reality is that just as many women would only date Trump supporters as wouldn't date Trump supporters and most probably avoid relationships with people with incompatible political views to begin with and so this is more of a gimmick than anything, but it might persuade some men to keep their politics to themselves or pretend to support things they don't actually support.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:53 am

tronagirl: Whether a guy is a Trump fan or not really isn't that big of a deal to me. I can list a couple dozen things that matter more to me. If he's an obsessive Trump supporter to Trump hater might be a turn off, but obsessive people can be annoying regardless of whatever it is they obsess about.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:12 am

Government trolls: CIA switches from undercover ops to catfishing
Always insist on a live video chat before you commit to an online relationship!
A catfish is someone who assumes a false identity on the Internet using various platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. A catfish is often undesirable in comparison to thier profile, as an actual catfish would be to a premium "catch" fish like Alaskan salmon.

shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Catfish

Postby panamint_patty » Fri May 06, 2016 7:46 am

shadylady: Some of the catfishing stories I've heard have been pretty funny. I've even heard that people have committed suicide after being dumped in an online relationship with someone they've never seen and who wasn't even who they claimed to be. It's amazing how gullible people can be and how completely they can believe in things that they have no reason to believe in. Like you said, always insist on a live video chat and even then consider the possibility that the person is a paid actor!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Mon May 23, 2016 8:14 am

Catfishing: There's a lot of advice out there on how to avoid being a victim of this kind of thing, but the only advice that is worth much is the live video chat idea. Everything else is a bit weak. In general, just be skeptical of any situation that seems too good to be true.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads