Cool Air

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Cool Air

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Here are some great links on passive cooling if anyone wants to get serious. I embedded the links into the pictures so they work if you click on the pictures. The last one isn't passive. I just put it in because it was cool.

WIKI

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:38 pm

This is some neat stuff here Steve.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby whiskeypete » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Clap Activated Fan out of legos :smart:
This is a reply to SurfSteve's Rube Goldberg Fan post:
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:32 am

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to try to put together one of those bucket fans for when I work in the garage. I've been just leaving the door between the house and the garage open, but that doesn't do much. It helps a little, but I think a bucket fan would do better and it looks cheap and easy and I'm all for cheap and easy!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby twister » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 am

Cool air is something I could do without at this time. In fact I'm finding myself wishing for summer. It's better to be a little on the warm side than to be cold. It's also cheaper to cool the house than to heat the house when using a swamp cooler. Solstice is just a few days away and from there until June the days will get longer and longer and warmer and warmer!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:31 am

I'm game for a new thread as long as it doesn't involve piping water from your hot water heater into a home depot bucket or heating bricks in your fireplace and carrying them into your garage!

I was hoping more for something along the lines of a mousetrap striking a match triggered by a ball released from a rodent eating a piece of cheese or something but that's not bad for a little kid!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 am

Our cooler is back in operation after a nice cool winter, but gotten pretty hot pretty fast and so we got ours going last weekend. It seems to have survived the winter alright. The pads looked good and everything seems to be in working order and it got the house nice and cool eventhough it was fairly hot outside. I was hoping for a little more moderate weather before it got hot, but it's heating up early this year is what it looks like.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:43 am

Looks like it's time to start draining coolers for the winter. No point in worrying about what cooler is most efficient or any of that stuff. But it might not be a bad idea to start thinking about firing up the furnace. I like to get mine going early just in case there's a cold night.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dilbert » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Building a makeshift air conditioner for under $20
This might not be a bad backup to have if your cooler stops working. A battery-powered fan might even get you through a power outage.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads