Legal Scams

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Legal Scams

Postby drdesert » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:31 am

Thief Corporations Use ARBITRATION To Steal From You
My understanding is that you can't actually sign away your right to sue and that if the results of arbitration are unacceptable, you can go to the next level, which would be to file a lawsuit.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Re: Legal Scams

Postby desertrat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 am

It doesn't matter what a contract says. If the contract is illegal, then it can't be enforced. Whether or not you sign it is irrelevant. Most service contracts and other service agreements contain illegal clauses. Companies realize this, but they put the stuff in there anyways to discourage angry customers from filing lawsuits. However, that's all a big bluff. I say sue the heck out of them and screw the goddamn contract!
desertrat
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:55 am

Santa Ysabel woman turns to Team 10 for answers on phone bill
Frontier tried something like this with my mother. Phone companies like to bully the elderly because they know many elderly have ample funds to pay bills and that most elderly don't understand that they don't have to pay fraudulent bills or at least that they won't assert their rights in this regards. So, I dealt with Frontier for my mother and instead of having to pay over $300 in fraudulent charges, she wound up with a refund for over $100. It pays to be assertive, but polite and patient. It took three months of back and forth, but persistence pays off when company reps realize how stupid their company would look if they tried to force someone to pay for fraudulent service.
cactuspete
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:37 am

Credit card debt: A crisis that doesn't get enough credit
High interest rates are a scam and people who build up optional debt are making a big mistake.
sandman
Ancient Bristlecone

Return to Want Ads