Culture Wars and Cancel Culture

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Culture Wars

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Fox Attacks The 'Anti-Testicular Police' For Ripping Ray Rice's Balls Off
I really couldn't figure out where this one should go so I put it here. This was just too crazy not to post!
:crazy2:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:48 am

Satanic books handed to US kids after religious freedom ruling
Fair is fair... score one for the Satanists! :diablo:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:35 am

CactusHugger wrote:Satanic books handed to US kids after religious freedom ruling
Fair is fair... score one for the Satanists! :diablo:
[youtube]

Diablo wrote: Two wrongs make a right

LOLololol!
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am

James Sel: Actually I think the strategy of handing out the Satanic books to kids is brilliant. It's sort of like the idea of woman in the military hanging Playgirl calendars and posters up to encourage their bosses to do something about workplace sexual harrassment in the form of calendars and posters featuring women. The bosses are often willing to turn a blind eye to the posters when the posters depict content they enjoy, but as soon as they are made uncomfortable as a result of being exposed to sexual content they don't enjoy, they decide to ban all such material. It's the same kind of thing with these booklets. Judges are often willing to tolerate such activity until booklets they don't like are handed out. So, like CactusHugger said, score one for the Satanists! LOL
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:51 am

Satanic Coloring Book In Public Schools?
Satanic coloring books for everyone! I especially like the part where these guys talk about Satan as the ultimate rebel and in the context of the Christian myth, that pretty much nails it! Using that frame of reference, the god of the Bible becomes the ultimate tyrrant who forces everyone to do things his way or else! Naturally those who believe in the voodoo completely fail to see any of this!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby alf » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:46 am

"Butt Pirates" Question Stumps Gov. Rick Perry At Recent University Appearance
Are rude questions worse than inhumane policy? :shrug:
ALF = Alien Life Form
alf
Greenhorn

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:19 am

'American Sniper' Triggers New War: Conservatives vs. Liberals :roll2:
It's just another crappy Hollywood movie that the mindless morons are flocking to see as far as I'm concerned, but apparently not everybody wants to join in on the patriotic circle jerk!
The Tinseltown pile-on heated up after the film's opening over the weekend, with director Michael Moore tweeting "snipers aren't heroes," actor and comedian Seth Rogen comparing the movie to Nazi propaganda, and some unnamed members of the Hollywood film academy telling the Wrap they wondered if Kyle had been a "sociopath," and if the movie was dangerous.

Best I can tell, this quote sums up the basic plot of the movie pretty well:
Max Blumenthal wrote:I haven't seen American Sniper, but correct me if I'm wrong: An occupier mows down faceless Iraqis but the real victim is his anguished soul

LINK: http://www.newsmax.com/US/American-Sniper-war-conservatives-liberals/2015/01/19/id/619462/
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:35 pm

American Sniper Chris Kyle Was Full Of Lies, Just Like The Movie
Cenk rants for about fourteen minutes about how Chris Kyle was a scumbag and how the movie was nothing but overly produced propaganda reminiscent of Nazi propaganda films. Apparently Americans just can't get enough propaganda since the movie broke box office records. The one key fact that causes me to side with Cenk is the defamation lawsuit against Chris James in which Jesse Ventura won $1.85 million dollars. That says a lot about Chris Kyle's character and calls everything he ever claimed to have done into question. The other thing that causes me to doubt the integrity of the movie is the bit about "The Butcher" that Cenk talks about. Pay special attention to that part of the rant...
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: American Sniper

Postby shadylady » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:49 am

mrgreen: The typical American now is not that much different from the typical German prior to WWII. Americans have a tendency to focus on the wrong thing. They think that because they support Israel that they could never fall for Nazi propaganda. Targets change, but the technique stays the same. It's really sick that Americans actually spent money for the priviledge of viewing propaganda, but it's not really all that surprising!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: American Sniper

Postby sandman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:11 am

Sounds like just another crappy movie as far as I'm concerned. Most of the time, the more popular the movie, the crappier it is. The public in general has horrible taste when it comes to movies. As far as all the complaining about this movie and the complaining about those complaining about the movie, it's just the usual media jabber pitting conservatives against liberals. Nothing to get all upset about!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues