Gender Pay Gap, Feminazis, and Donglegate

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Gender Pay Gap, Feminazis, and Donglegate

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 am

Dongle Joke Offends Girl
I know that Rush Limbaugh is pretty much braindead and that he's wrong about 99% of the time, but he did come up with the term feminazi and that's the perfect term to describe the horrible person described in this video. Instead of ignoring a harmless comment, she decides to make a big deal over it. I hate religious fanatics and I hate fanatics of the non-religious kind too. Extremists are unreasonable people by nature and that's why feminazi is the perfect word to describe this lady!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Feminazis

Postby desertrat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 am

Feminazi works, but I think BITCH would do just fine too! BTW, Ramzpaul linked to the woman's YouTube account and you should see all the negative votes her videos have received in the last couple days! The bitch deserves every bit of grief she gets. Hopefully the guys victimized by her file a lawsuit against her. That way at least she'll learn a lesson for being such an ill-tempered person!
:laugh:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 am

desertrat wrote:Feminazi works, but I think BITCH would do just fine too! BTW, Ramzpaul linked to the woman's YouTube account and you should see all the negative votes her videos have received in the last couple days! The bitch deserves every bit of grief she gets. Hopefully the guys victimized by her file a lawsuit against her. That way at least she'll learn a lesson for being such an ill-tempered person!

I usually object to the use of the b-word, but I have to admit that it's warranted in this case. The men didn't use sexist language at all. There was no intention of denigrating women. They just made a silly joke that really only insinuated anything sexual at all. People need to have a sense of humor and that lady made a big deal out of nothing. You know what they say though... Karma's a bitch!!! Hopefully she gets what she deserves!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby a2z » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Breaking: Adria Richards fired by SendGrid for calling out developers on Twitter :talk:
All of Silicon Valley Is Scandalized Over a Stupid Dongle Joke
Every once in a while a company does the right thing and fires someone like this! This lady is a bully and she deserves all the grief that is coming her way! Making a big deal out of nothing is not the way to go. If someone says something you find offensive, let them know that you are offended and explain to them WHY you are offended. If this airhead had taken the time to do that she probably would have realized that the joke was completely harmless and that she had no reason to be offended. Instead she blew things way out of proportion and wound up getting herself fired!

A thread on Hacker News (which is where angry nerds go to vent) decried Richards's claims of sexism as a "false positive," and, Silicon Valley being Silicon Valley, at least one commenter used the episode to imply that tech companies shouldn't hire women. Then Anonymous and 4chan jumped in, and Richards's company was sent a creepy note threatening to harass its clients if she wasn't fired.

LINK: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/03/silicon-valley-dongle-scandal.html
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 am

Message to Adria Richards :whack02:
It's good that Ms. Richards has lost her job, but the man who lost his job as a result of her actions should be offered his job back. I'm glad to see that actions were taken to put pressure on the company employing Ms. Richards, but that same pressure should be applied to the company that fired the man who told the harmless joke. Firing someone over a harmless joke is a threat to everyone with a sense of humor and we all know that highly intelligent people have a sense of humor. Why discriminate against intelligent people?
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 am

Donglegate
This provides a pretty good timeline of what happened.
LINK: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/donglegate-adria-richards
Interesting comment left after article:
See, this is exactly why we have all these stupid HR policies. Women, cannot take a fucking joke to save their life and some men are just too 'pussified' to be men. Men will always talk about gross and sexual stuff. We will heckle the crap out of you if you act like a crybaby. Crybaby McNarcissist aka the pissshuggers and shiteaters of this nation need to piss off or graft some metal onto their skin because you bleed like an open sore. Just like everyone who will be mad at this comment no doubt.

CrustyOldFart: Add DONGLEGATE to the title of this thread!!! :dizzy:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 am

tronagirl wrote:
desertrat wrote:Feminazi works, but I think BITCH would do just fine too! BTW, Ramzpaul linked to the woman's YouTube account and you should see all the negative votes her videos have received in the last couple days! The bitch deserves every bit of grief she gets. Hopefully the guys victimized by her file a lawsuit against her. That way at least she'll learn a lesson for being such an ill-tempered person!

I usually object to the use of the b-word, but I have to admit that it's warranted in this case. The men didn't use sexist language at all. There was no intention of denigrating women. They just made a silly joke that really only insinuated anything sexual at all. People need to have a sense of humor and that lady made a big deal out of nothing. You know what they say though... Karma's a bitch!!! Hopefully she gets what she deserves!

Most people I know use the word bitch in a lot of ways and I don't see anything wrong with using the word when it fits the situation or the person. In this case either feminazi or bitch works perfectly fine. It sounds like this Adria Richards lady was looking for something to complain about. On top of that there's her hypocrisy. She made the same kinds of jokes on Twitter. People have re-posted some of her tweets which are basically the same kind of humor that she was complaining about. There's nothing wrong with joking around in the workplace and people who can't tolerate a few sexual innuendos and off-color jokes in the workplace don't belong in the workplace. It's all about tolerance and you've got to be able to grin and giggle over silly jokes and avoid being one of those people who make a big deal about little things and run to the boss over petty issues.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:31 am

desertrat wrote:Donglegate
CrustyOldFart: Add DONGLEGATE to the title of this thread!!! :dizzy:

Sounds like a good idea! I'll get right to it!
:thumb:
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Feminazis and Donglegate

Postby mrgreen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Let Me Dangle Your Dongle :dizzy:
This video provides a pretty good summary of events up to this point. The good thing about this story is that a narcissistic hypocrit lost her job. Hopefully 4chan and anonymous and put together a campaign to get the guy who was fired rehired. That would be a pretty good end to this otherwise incredibly stupid story!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Feminazis and Donglegate

Postby mrgreen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Dongle Jokes Can get you Fired?!
Something tells me that there are going to be a lot of dongle jokes told over the next few weeks. Nice work Anonymous! Now finish the job and get that guys job back! He didn't deserve to get fired. But there's no doubt that that horribly lady who bullied him by posting his pic on twitter did deserve to lose her job. People like her actually deserve far worse...
:curse:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to News and Issues