Global Warming or Global Governance?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Global Warming or Global Governance?

Postby surfsteve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

If you were to ask ten people on the street if mankind was causing global warming, at least eight out of ten would say yes. After all, Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth allegedly provides incontrovertible evidence that this is the case. Both presidential candidates are committed to passing economically devastating legislation that will do little to nothing to stop global warming. Contrary to what is heard in the media, however, there is overwhelming evidence that the warming we are experiencing is natural, with maybe a small amount contributed by man's activities. Nor is there any scientific consensus. 31,000 scientists have signed a petition stating there is "no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide is causing...catastrophic" warming. The debate is still raging within the scientific community. In this DVD, Sovereignty International has put together interviews of respected climate scientists and biologists from numerous sources who explain, step by step, why Al Gore and the global warming alarmists are incorrect. In some cases, blatantly so.

The DVD also provides evidence that the global warming agenda is being funded with tens of billions of dollars as a mechanism to create global governance.Hear from congressmen, experts and even well-known news broadcasters how global governance puts global institutions, especially the United Nations (UN), that are not accountable to the American people in control of every aspect of our economy. The skyrocketing gas and food prices today are a direct result of this agenda.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Global Warming or Global Governance?

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:16 am

I have thought the same thing since the Freon waste of money. Before that, the acid rain deal. I do not have any trust in politicians or scientist anymore. I believe the groups are much more driven by money in their pockets than protection of the human species. I will throw the medical industry into that pot also. Yes, I know there are exceptions.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:06 am

Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner (2006) p2
Skip ahead to 6:30! :yup:
In reference to interviewing Jesse Jackson, Colbert says:
It's like boxing a glacier!

And then he adds:
Ummm! Enjoy that metaphor, by the way, because your grandchildren will have no idea what a glacier is.

MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 am

Lizard People?! The Craziest Conspiracy Theories Americans Believe
Cenk gets it right in this rant. There are a lot of crazy people out there who believe in crazy conspiracy theories and who are completely out of touch with reality!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:26 am

R.E.M. Man On the Moon
My favorite song about conspiracy theorists. It may be one of the only songs about conspiracy theorists that ever got popular, but it's a good one no matter how you look at it.
Are we losing touch? :shrug:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby desertrat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 am

States Ban 'Sustainability' and Hobbit Homes?! :wtf:
This is what happens when half-witted conspiracy types get elected to office. Bike paths are radical and destructive to the American way of life? Only in the mind of a conspiracy nut. Sometimes people who hold positions of power do things that are so incredibly stupid that it's hard to believe that such stupidity is even humanly possible! It makes you wonder who elected these idiots! Are the people they represent even less intelligent?
:smack:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 am

cactuspete wrote:Lizard People?! The Craziest Conspiracy Theories Americans Believe
Cenk gets it right in this rant. There are a lot of crazy people out there who believe in crazy conspiracy theories and who are completely out of touch with reality!

I really enjoyed watching Colbert roast the Republicans in the last video.

I couldn't help notice that this video with Cenk only polled American voters. If he'd only gone a little bit further he would have found out that virtually 100% of non voters don't believe their vote counts for anything other than determining which crook is going to be in charge. Want to hear stupid? If you don't like the way things are going wait 4 more years and you can vote for the other crook.

What's with that racist picture of a white guy holding a rat and drinking a can of beer? Don't think it's racist? What if he were Black or Mexican?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:13 am

desertrat wrote:States Ban 'Sustainability' and Hobbit Homes?! :wtf:
This is what happens when half-witted conspiracy types get elected to office. Bike paths are radical and destructive to the American way of life? Only in the mind of a conspiracy nut. Sometimes people who hold positions of power do things that are so incredibly stupid that it's hard to believe that such stupidity is even humanly possible! It makes you wonder who elected these idiots! Are the people they represent even less intelligent?
:smack:

All I see is an ignorant slob telling me that Agenda 21 doesn't exist and constitutional rights do. Since when do votes determine policy? If they don't respect the vote of individuals what makes you think it's any different when it comes to respecting the vote of an entire political process?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:30 am

pcslim wrote:R.E.M. Man On the Moon
My favorite song about conspiracy theorists. It may be one of the only songs about conspiracy theorists that ever got popular, but it's a good one no matter how you look at it.
Are we losing touch? :shrug:

How does picking out the craziest conspiracy theories prove that the rest of them are bunk?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 am

Pollution Responsible for Huge Super Crabs?
It seems like common sense to assert that we humans need to reduce our ecological footprint. With several billion people on the planet, there is no doubt that we have an impact and anything we can do to reduce that impact should be done. As for the conspiracy theories that world leaders are using this issue for nefarious purposes, I'm not buying it for the most part. However, I wouldn't trust them (or the corporations that tell them what to do) to do the right thing either.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues