Presidential Elections

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Presidential Elections

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Here is the debate between them. It was just uploade a few hours ago. I haven't watched it yet.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Why Obama Now :mad2:
I don't want to return to the economic stagnation of the Bush/Cheney years and so I will vote Obama!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Anyone know this guy?

James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby James Sel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Nobody is going to vote for Romney. He will probably win anyway. The fix is in.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Political humor making an impact :dizzy:
The scary thing is that comedians often do more fact-checking than supposed real news people!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Presidential Elections

Postby desertrat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Political Kombat '12: Romney Vs. Cain and Santorum
A video game style synopsis of how Romney became the GOP candidate.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

I guess it depends on who you want to believe
"It looked like Romney wanted to be there and President Obama didn't want to be there," noted Democratic strategist and CNN contributor James Carville. "The president didn't bring his 'A' game."

A CNN/ORC International poll of 430 people who watched the debate showed 67% thought Romney won, compared to 25% for Obama.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/03/politics/ ... ndex.htmlA

I got the impression that Obama doesn't really care if he is re-elected or not and that Romney wanted to win. I'll bet their handlers know this. I'm starting to think more and more Romney will win the next election. I'd rather see Obama win again at this point because he's more likely to crack and rebel against the system.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

President Obama was painful to watch at the debate on Wednesday night.

Time after time, he allowed Mitt Romney to make fraudulent statements or empty statements without slapping the Republican presidential candidate down.

When Romney talked about the allegedly great job he did in Massachusetts on education or on healthcare, Obama needed only to say, "That begs the question, governor, of why you're polling about 31% in your home state."

When Romney said he was running because Americans "are hurting," as he did several times through the event, oozing fake compassion, Obama had only to say, "What are you talking about? You told your contributors that 47% of Americans are 'victims' whom you don't care about and who 'don't take responsibility' for themselves. That's caring?"

Actually, there were myriad occasions Obama could have chosen to introduce the point about Romney's admission, on tape, to a group of wealthy donors, about how he felt that 47% of the country were victims who didn't take responsibility for themselves. Obama never even mentioned that number, though it has been part of his standard stump speech since Mother Jones magazine released the secretly recorded videotape.

Obama was a pushover at the debate, but it was by design.

When Romney lied, several times, claiming that he never said he would cut $5 trillion from the tax rolls, Obama should have engaged in a little simple math for the audience, pointing out that Romney had said he'd cut taxes by 20% over 10 years, that the budget over those 10 years is projected to be $25 trillion, and that 20% of $25 trillion is one-fifth of $25 trillion, or $5 trillion. He could even have tossed in a light-hearted dig, saying, "Governor, if you're going to engage in budget cutting, you should at least be capable of fourth-grade math."

Nor did he pounce when Romney said he "had experience" with shifting jobs overseas and that the president was "wrong" to say companies could get tax breaks for doing that. There was a chance right there to crush Romney with the governor having no way to respond.

The rest at: http://www.thiscantbehappening.net/node/1360
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues