Racism and Hypersensitivity

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Racism and Hypersensitivity

Postby shadylady » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 am

mrfish: As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. With parents like this, there's really no hope for the kids. Ignorance begets ignorance and rather than fostering intellectual development, the parents who are complaining about the methods used by this teacher are doing everything they can to keep their children as ignorant as themselves.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dingleberry » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:49 am

US strawberry festival poster sparks racism scandal :poop:
Most stuff that is considered to be racist isn't. It's that simple. It's people who are hypersensitive that's the problem. And deep down, people who are hypersensitive are often racist since they see racist intent where it doesn't exist and that means they are judging other people as racist based on their race which makes them racist.
dingleberry
Greenhorn

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:39 am

dingleberry: I'm sure someone will see your avatar and decide that it's racist. It's hard to avoid being labeled as racist when you're dealing with people who are hypersensitive about that sort of thing. People just need to learn how to be reasonable and not be so predisposed to see evil when there is no evil.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Adam Sandler Movie Names Native American Character “Beaver Breath"
People need to get over themselves and get a sense of humor! Last I heard intelligent people have a good sense of humor and so I've got to conclude the the halfwits who walked off the set are basically unintelligent to put it politely!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:14 am

Top 10 Racially Offensive Yet Funny Movie Characters
Only an idiot would be offended by any of these comedies. The politically correct apologetics displayed by the narrator is annoying, but I'm pretty sure she just wants to have her cake and eat it too.

Best comment:
This world is full of a bunch of easily offended pussies, that's the real problem

desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:51 am

How many genders are there?
All this politically correct gender identity BS gets annoying after awhile. There are two sexes: Male and Female. And so there is need for only two pronouns to refer to humans: HE and SHE. Those who claim that HE and SHE doesn't work for them because of gender identity issues will be called IT by me.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby James Sel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:52 am

BoraxBill wrote:How many genders are there?
All this politically correct gender identity BS gets annoying after awhile. There are two sexes: Male and Female. And so there is need for only two pronouns to refer to humans: HE and SHE. Those who claim that HE and SHE doesn't work for them because of gender identity issues will be called IT by me.

Will be called "it"? WTF I've been using "it" in this manner for 25yrs plus...get with the times. :bounce:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:15 am

Sex & Gender Identity: An Intro
This video is getting a lot of thumbs down votes and lots of negative (but mostly humorous) comments. Here's a pretty good one:
I've always felt like a horse. Now I'm chosing to be a Centaur and if you don't accept it you're a racist, you're a homophe, you are an anti zoological phobe, you're a piece of filth. And now I become my new self.

I think the objection here is the alteration of language. The meaning of the term gender is being stretched to include things it didn't include a decade or two ago and usually the meaning of words get changed like this in response to political or social agendas. People object to this kind of manipulation. It seems covert and dishonest. It's more like propaganda than honest discussion.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:35 am

Tumblristas - Episode 28 (GENDER TERRORISM) :poop:
This is pretty funny. This guy does a good job of debunking a lot of this gender crap. All sorts of fun gender-related terms are mentioned in this video including: gender terrorism, gender punk, gender fuck, gender fluid, gender normativity, trans phobia, gender anarchy, the gender binary, as well as someone who is writing a trans manifesto.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 am

Genderfluid vs. Agender
This kid explains what these terms mean. If you check out his channel you'll find you that he has two videos he does with his girlfriend that have received a ton of views. The one called "Chapstick Challenge!" has over 2.6 million views and it's only been out for about a month. Assuming that the video is monetized, he has made somewhere over $2600 on that one video alone so far.
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3HxTGAxX3Ej4Bqf8LDpRtg
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues