Racism and Hypersensitivity

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Racism and Hypersensitivity

Postby mrfish » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:54 pm

1/3 Of Black Kids Arrested In Major U.S. City
Are the police racist or do the kids really commit crimes at an astounding rate? I'm willing to give the police the benefit of the doubt until it's proven to me that the kids didn't commit the crimes. I'm not talking about a few exceptions, I'm talking about the vast majority. Many kids are out-of-control and idiot pundits like to pretend that this isn't the case. The biggest problem is that if the cops don't deal with these kids, people in the community will complain that they aren't doing their job. So, I'm not supporting the conclusion that anyone is racist without some real evidence.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BallaratBob » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 am

Given the fact that black kids are arrested at a very high rate, the reasonable conclusion to reach is that a high percentage of black kids are out-of-control. But that's not what the TYT idiots do. They automatically assume that the cops are racist and that the kids are just being kids. The TYT reaction guarantees social deterioration. What we need is a strategy to get the kids to become productive members of society and pretending that the cops are racist ain't gonna do it!
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby a2z » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:54 am

Halloween is RACIST!
Everything is sexist, racist, and/or homophobic! We might as well cancel all holidays and give up any kind of celebration of anything since ultimately it's going to offend someone somewhere looking for an excuse to complain about nothing of any consequence!
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BoraxBill » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:57 am

Does Racism Even Actually Exist Anymore?
Racism barely exists, but people who like to play the race card and use that as their excuse for committing crime or for failing to become employable is at an all-time high. Big media makes it easy to play the card and lends credibility to the fraudsters who would rather make excuses than take responsibility.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:15 am

BoraxBill: Notice that they didn't include Asians in this poll. Almost without a doubt Asians were even less likely than Whites to claim that racism is a serious problem. I'd even go so far as to say that the subtext here is that those who claim that racism is a problem are people who like to blame their failures on others and so the more responsible someone is, the less likely they are to see racism as a problem. The sad thing is that according to this poll then 66% of Blacks are irresponsible, 64% of Hispanics are irresponsible, and 49% of Whites are irresponsible. With Asians the number might be something more like 40% which would make them the most responsible race overall. It's sad how the news media twists things around to make it so easy for this culture of excuse-makers to persist... or actually thrive.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 am

PC Police Now Attacking Yoga
Hypersensitivity gone crazy is all I can say. Cultural appropriation is just borrowing ideas from other cultures. It's been going on since the beginning of civilization and so why is it an issue now? Some people just want to complain and no matter how ridiculously stupid their complaint is, they're still going to whine. Or as the female Turk says:
We have appropriated everything... right... That's what America is. It's a melting pot. It really is... So I'm a bad person for doing yoga now? Really? Because I don't understand the historical context of Indians and where yoga comes from? I need a history lesson for every fucking thing I do in my life?

cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:15 am

How Ahmed The Clock Boy Conned America
Leftist are gullible and believe the media BS narrative about this event. This rant is pretty good and debunks the whole clock boy story as it was presented by the media.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Scalia suggests "slower track" for some African American students
Basically what Scalia said is absolutely true and although he could have been more diplomatic in the way he explained himself, the only people who were offended were morons who aren't really worth worrying about in the first place since they practically search for things to be offended by.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:37 am

There's no use denying it and I think Scalia did a pretty good job of being nice about the way he said what he said. There are some students of all races that need to be on the slower track, but it's pretty obvious that certain races have disproportionate numbers of students who are basically slow track material. That's just reality and the sooner we face reality, the sooner we can do something constructive to deal with the problem.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:36 am

Art Corrected: Iconic Dutch museum renames 'racially charged' paintings
The best part of this discussion starts at about two minutes. Covering up and re-writing history is not the right way to go.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues