Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Postby mrgreen » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:25 pm

#PizzaGate Is Trump implicated in Wash DC pedo ring that abducted Kanye West ? :smack:
The Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs are busy today. (Today being Black Friday.) The old satanic ritual abuse (SRA was the acronym used back then according to a sociology teacher I had a few years ago) which was thoroughly debunked has been brought back from the dead by these nutcases. This is some crazy shit and it really makes you wonder just how stupid and crazy these people actually are. The video I present here is at least sort of funny and snarky. Most of the nutjobs go on for twenty minutes or more unraveling the plot and exploring the "rabbit hole" as they like to call it!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:27 am

Let's talk about PizzaGate & how Reddit's CEO made it infamous
Basically this guy sarcastically explains why mentally unstable people are impressed by the "evidence" as weak as it is, while intelligent people dismiss it as complete bullshit. This can be seen as an attempt to understand the perspective of the tin foil hat crowd.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:34 am

Chuck E. Sleaze:
A detailed conspiracy theory known as "Pizzagate" holds that a pedophile ring is operating out of a Clinton-linked pizzeria called Comet Ping Pong.

Here's the Snopes report referenced in the video from my previous post. It's pretty thorough and here's the conclusion reached by the author of the article:
Although the Pizzagate controversy remains a high-interest conspiracy, we are unable to locate any substantive aspect of the claims that could be fact-checked or otherwise held up to the light to determine their veracity. And while rumors about pedophilia and child trafficking remain standard in urban folklore, roughly 90 percent of assaults on children in the U.S. are committed by a friend or family member...

LINK: http://www.snopes.com/pizzagate-conspiracy
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:57 am

MojaveMike wrote:Let's talk about PizzaGate & how Reddit's CEO made it infamous
Basically this guy sarcastically explains why mentally unstable people are impressed by the "evidence" as weak as it is, while intelligent people dismiss it as complete bullshit. This can be seen as an attempt to understand the perspective of the tin foil hat crowd.

Basically your video is a disgusting parody of this one; only the guy leaves out some of the most damning circumstantial evidence, laughs and talks about tinfoil hats. Did you read any of the comments or note that it has more than twice as many dislikes as likes?

Also a quick google of "snopes" the source you used in your next post, brings up titles such as: "Fact Check: Snopes Is Liberal As Hell", "Snopes Caught Lying For Hillary Again", "Snopes Fact Checker is Exposed as a Fraud", and"Snopes.com CEO Arrested on Charges of Fraud and Corruption" in 4 out of it's top 10 results. Just google it and see for yourself!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:51 pm

surfsteve: The Titus Frost video should be parodied. It reminds me of the kind of thing Glenn Beck used to do and which Jon Stewart would parody complete with chalkboard. There is no evidence of a pedophile ring presented by Titus Frost. What we have is a paranoid fantasy suggested by a few odd coincidences. Add up all the coincidences and a sane person just sees it for what it is, just a bunch of eccentricities. Nothing to get all bent out of shape over. However, those same innocuous coincidences are red flags in the mind of a conspiracy theory nutjob. The thumbs down were obviously left by conspiracy theory nutjobs and most of the comments are just more of the same. I'm sorry if that seems "dismissive and condescending," but how much stupidity is one expected to put up with before one runs out of patience?!!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:32 pm

I think your opinion is of the minority that most of the people feel that pizzagate should be looked into further. Just one problem. Who you going to get to look into it; Comey?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:30 pm

My guess is that MOST PEOPLE haven't heard of PizzaGate. Why should it be looked into? It's just a conspiracy theory nutjob fantasy. There's no evidence to come even close to anything remotely resembling probable cause. Someone else in another thread did a Google Trends check on PizzaGate and so I tried one myself and what I found is that it's not really that big of a deal. I compared "Idaho," "tires", "salt," and "PizzaGate" and guess what, PizzaGate was way behind any of those terms. So, I don't think MOST PEOPLE are aware or concerned. Only obsessive/compulsive types are drawn into this so-called "rabbit hole." There are a lot of videos on the topic being posted on YouTube, but try listening to these people. They are garden variety crazies, not the type MOST PEOPLE would take seriously. So, it may be the case that MOST NUTJOBS are really into this PizzaGate thing, but it's pretty clear that MOST PEOPLE are not.
ergot
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:28 pm

The few facts being reported on Pizzagate seem very credible. Most of them were confirmed by Wikileaks shortly before Julian Assange's internet access was cut off. Though most of the theories concocted about the facts are pure speculation there does seem to be an awful lot of evidence to just dismiss it and relegate the whole thing to tinfoil had wearers. Maybe if Podesta and others told their side of the story, or even anyone for that matter and it made sense; or if Wikileaks wasn't such a credible source, your claim might be believable. I'm still convinced that it should be looked into; or is the story supposed to get a free pass just because it involves Hilary and so many other politicians that they get to play by a different set of rules than everyone else?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:40 pm

surfsteve wrote:1) The few facts being reported on Pizzagate seem very credible. Most of them were confirmed by Wikileaks shortly before Julian Assange's internet access was cut off. Though 2) most of the theories concocted about the facts are pure speculation there does seem to be an awful lot of evidence to just dismiss it and relegate the whole thing to tinfoil had wearers. Maybe if 3) Podesta and others told their side of the story, or even anyone for that matter and it made sense; or if Wikileaks wasn't such a credible source, your claim might be believable. I'm still convinced that it should be looked into; or is the story supposed to get a free pass just because it involves Hilary and so many other politicians that they get to play by a different set of rules than everyone else?

1) The undisputed FACTS add up to nothing.
2) The theories aren't what I'd call speculation. They're more like paranoid fantasies.
3) There's nothing to tell. So what if they communicated using a code? There are hundreds of possible meanings to the code, but all the halfwits are fixated on a code that the FBI traced to some group of pedophiles as if once the pedophiles use a code with code words such as pizza, cheese, noodles, etc. that all those words somehow become magically off-limits to anyone else. What kind of fucking retarded logic is that? I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of pedophiles have no idea that such a code even exists.

You don't launch an investigation into something just because a bunch of conspiracy theory nutjobs connect a few dots that aren't even connected by anything other than the nutjobs' paranoid fantasies. You need more than just a fantasy and none of the facts support a solid theory that anything illegal took place.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:38 am

The way I understand the criminal justice system is that usually there is a crime that occurs and then an investigation is launched. The idea of investigating a person with the intent to connect them to an unknown crime seems not just illogical, but profoundly unconstitutional. The fact that a bunch of looney tunes is suspicious of the activity of a group of people that are associated with a business selling pizza is not justification for launching an investigation.

There are a few things that could be checked up on, I suppose. For instance, the picture of the smiling girl with her hands taped to a table, looks like harmless play to me. But a paranoid social worker might feel justified in finding the identity of the girl and informally interviewing the girl and her parents. I wouldn't find that objectionable, but based on the image I would find it unnecessary and anyone who has time to waste on that task really must not have much of a workload.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues