Crimea, Ukraine, Russia

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Crimea, Ukraine, Russia

Postby mrfish » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:44 am

Panic Alert: Mainstream pounces on & parrots Kiev's 'invasion' rhetoric
I've heard people talk about applying what they call a reality test to news stories and it's kind of crazy that we have to question every report we hear. I've heard a lot about a Russian invasion the last few days, but the evidence is completely lacking. This news clip does pass what I'd call a reality test. The last part where the lady ambassador representing the USA asks Russia to stop the aggression is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The forces from Kiev who are under the control of the USA are the aggressor. The separatists are just DEFENDING themselves. The USA bears responsibility for ALL deaths connected to this conflict and it is the USA that could put an end to the problem at any time!
:curse:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:16 am

Putin Warns Of Nuclear War If Russia Is Threatened.
Although the mainstream press reported this as a threat, it clearly is not. To put things in context, this was actually a question and answer session that lasted two hours and twenty-two minutes. Concerned Russians had a chance to ask questions and Putin answered their questions.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:33 am

Russia: Rappers self-help: "Go hard like Vladimir Putin"
This is an interesting slogan. I'm not sure what slogan supporters of Obama could come up with at this time...
:pac:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:56 am

Obama claims right to invade Syrian airspace
If Russia had bombed Ukraine it would have started WWIII, but Obama sees nothing wrong with bombing Syria. Such blatant hypocrisy should be challenged by all nations around the world and from within the USA. If we really want to be an example and set an ethical standard for others to follow, we seriously need to clean up our act!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:28 am

I am in no way defending Mr. Obama in a blanket statement, but…. Maybe, just maybe the President feels that there are bad guys in Syria responsible for training of terrorist that harmed US citizens. Maybe there are bad guys in Syria who have already killed US citizens. Maybe there are bad guys in Syria who are funding and supplying bad guys with armaments to harm or kill US citizens and our allies. If he was/is looking at the sovereign country of Syria from that point of view I might possibly understand his statements. I have reservations on if he will really do anything or is he just flapping his lips again right now. At the present time I am unaware of any US citizens actually be harmed in the Ukraine. In a wild stretch Putin could rationalize Russians were killed in the sovereign of the Ukraine in the attempt to break away. Even then I do not think any NATO forces would ever come to the aid of the Ukraine. Europe has too much at stake and the US at this time appears weak, to busy and to indecisive. If the upcoming elections go the way the ones did when there were American hostages in Iran things may change. I do not foresee that at this time.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Rationalization?

Postby desertrat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:19 am

Sparky: The USA has rationalized it's way into far too many military conflicts in the past few decades. So, I wouldn't go running my mouth off about any foreign leaders on that issue. On top of that hundreds of Russian citizens have died in Ukraine whereas only a handful of Amerians have died in Syria. You seem to have forgotten that many people who live in eastern Ukraine have dual citizenship. Further the situation in Ukraine directly and unavoidably affects Russia whereas anything that happens in Syria is peripheral to the legitimate interests of the USA.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Rationalization?

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:33 am

desertrat wrote:Sparky: The USA has rationalized it's way into far too many military conflicts in the past few decades. So, I wouldn't go running my mouth off about any foreign leaders on that issue. On top of that hundreds of Russian citizens have died in Ukraine whereas only a handful of Amerians have died in Syria. You seem to have forgotten that many people who live in eastern Ukraine have dual citizenship. Further the situation in Ukraine directly and unavoidably affects Russia whereas anything that happens in Syria is peripheral to the legitimate interests of the USA.

I will keep 'running my mouth of' as you say just because I can. So what id your long term solution to this mess? Your words not some talking heads.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Solution

Postby desertrat » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 am

Sparky: The best solution is for the USA and NATO to just stay out of Ukraine. If the USA hadn't meddled in Ukraine to begin with, Crimea would still be part of Ukraine. Russia only accepted Crimea's request for annexation because that was the best way to stabilize that region. Stability is what Russia wants and instability is what the USA wants. The USA will do anything it can to disrupt the flow of oil out of Russia and then blame the disruption on Russia. It's a cheap trick, but the media here is effective at getting citizens here in the USA to believe our government's propaganda.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:43 am

War crimes swept under carpet during Ukraine conflict?
The USA has backed thugs in Ukraine who have committed atrocities in Eastern Ukraine, killing thousands of innocent people. Russia has tried to help protect the good people of Eastern Ukraine from the thugs and the USA has punished such good behavior with sanctions. The USA truly is an evil empire.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:04 pm

What You Need to Know About Ukraine :curse:
What's really happening in Ukraine? It sounds like the USA caused the whole crisis which has resulted in over 50K deaths.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues