Crimea, Ukraine, Russia

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: News From Russia

Postby a2z » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Crimea parliament backs joining Russia, sets referendum for March 16th
Kerry talks about Russia possibly redrawing borders. Guess what? It's the people of the Ukraine who want to redraw borders, not Putin. Even CNN finally admitted that the people of southern and eastern Ukraine want to break off from western Ukraine and join Russia. This was obvious over a week ago to anyone who was paying attention, but CNN finally admitted it today!
:smack:
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Kerry Lies

Postby desertrat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:49 am

Obviously we all know that politicians lie. They like to twist reality around in order to further their agenda. But for Kerry to think he can get away with such a blatant misrepresentation of the facts goes beyond what even Fox News would do. Russia Today did a Jon Stewart on Kerry that would blow away even what Jon Stewart normally is able to present on his show. Kerry is doing his best to match the likes of Bush/Chenney when it comes to audacious lies!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:40 am

Tanks, but no tanks: False claims & Ukrainian issues that matter but never raised by MSM
Lots of good points brought up in this news clip. I don't exactly trust Russia Today to present an unbiased view of events, but the media here in the USA seems to be bending over backwards to present an EXTREMELY anti-Russian view of events. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say that Russia Today gets a credibility rating of about 6 and that corporately owned media here in the USA gets a ZERO! Seriously, it's that bad.
:curse:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 am

cactuspete: Your credibility ratings are probably about right. I'm not sure if I'd give CNN, FOX, ABC, MSNBC, and the rest of the corporately owned media outlets a ZERO rating, but they certainly have shown themselve to be unreliable in recent years. The lady in the video clip makes some strong points and she does a good job of countering the misinformation we've been fed by domestic news sources. I'm not saying I'm buying her story, but domestic news sources have presented stories which are even harder to believe.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby pcslim » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:40 am

Western objection to Crimea referendum falls against many precedents
The big vote in Crimea is tomorrow. Most analysts expect that the people there will overwhelmingly vote to join the Russian Federation. The question is whether or not the USA and its allies will respect the will of the people. It's ironic that we say we support democracy, but when a country actually acts democratically we fail to recognize it as legitimate. Hypocrisy as usual...
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby pcslim » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:52 am

Crimean referendum: Are there any precedents?
This clip covers the same issues a little more thoroughly. Apparently when the USA backs a referendum then it's a good thing, but when someone else backs a referendum then it's a bad thing. It's not a matter of what, but who. Isn't that the essence of hypocrisy?
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby desertrat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:50 am

Crimea Referendum: 93% of voters want Crimea to join Russia - exit polls
And the preliminary results are in... drum roll please... the people of Crimea have spoken and it is their wish to become part of Russia.
:cry3: for the idiots in charge of the USA
:talk: for the people of Crimea
Why is it so hard for American Idiots to comprehend that Russia is a great nation and that people there and in other countries consider Russia to be more worthy of admiration than the USA? Is it incredible ignorance of world affairs, an ethnocentric outlook, or just plain stupidity? Time to wake up and realize that dreamland is not reality!
Some awesome comments:
Good, the Ukrainian white supremacists can fuck off now.

Now I'd like RUSSIA to send OBSERVERS to ELECTIONS IN THE USA, please. I am 100% sure there's more shenanigans going on with their electronic voting booths than in Krimea.

The school yard bully (aka, USA) just got his ass handed to him. That's what happens when a democracy is replaced by a shit show run by a bunch of ass clowns. They look like exactly what they are to the rest of the world, a bunch of self serving corrupt assholes!

Not like this was any of our business to begin with...but I am glad that the PEOPLE have spoken! I am sure that "the West" tried to throw this election, Remember the one in the U.S. in 2012! Now McCain, you sick little bastard, sit down and STFU!

So, let me say this:
A) Crimea proved that Putin doesn't need a war.
B) Crimea proved that western propaganda is A HUGE LIE and brainwashing of population of western countries.
C) Crimea proved that not all "people of Ukraine" (as western media said) supported the thugs who seized the power.
D) Crimea proved that there was not "a referendum under fear of the guns".
E) Crimea proved that Russia is not that evil as Obama and EU say.
F) Crimea proved that US monopoly has come to an end.
G) Crimea proved that thugs in Kiev are real thugs and want the war against people who want to be free.
H) Crimea proved that USA have double standards.

You can add what you think to the list.

wonder if this will effect Pussie Riot's Crimea concert tour ...

The people have expressed their will, to counter it is blatant hypocrisy for any nation claiming to be any form of democracy.

Obama lost, Putin won.
Historic event that should be remembered as just one step of US downfall.
Real democratic vote wins against "Democratic" US. ahahha
In ya face USA!!

Maybe Bert and Ernie could do a Muppet show special for Obama, Nuland, Kerry and there EU playmates and explain that what they are watching is called... democracy, you never know they might get the hang of it!

desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 pm

desertrat wrote:Why is it so hard for American Idiots to comprehend that Russia is a great nation and that people there and in other countries consider Russia to be more worthy of admiration than the USA? Is it incredible ignorance of world affairs, an ethnocentric outlook, or just plain stupidity? Time to wake up and realize that dreamland is not reality!

Couldn't agree more and now for the most popular song in Crimea today:
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Ukraine, Russia, and USA

Postby pcslim » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 am

This thread should be split into two or more threads, but at the least separate out the posts pertinent to the situation in Ukraine. The posts here do a good job of exposing the way our media attempts to sell a lie to the people of the USA. This whole Ukraine thing is really all about media in the USA selling nothing but misinformation and propaganda. It's obvious and undeniable and an amazing opportunity to open a few minds!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Ukraine, Russia, and USA

Postby cactuspete » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:12 am

Red pill or blue pill? Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues