World War III

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: World War III

Postby surfsteve » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:33 am

Boy was I suckered. I can't believe I actually convinced people to vote for Trump. He turned out to be no better than Hillary. At least with Hillary we all knew we were getting screwed right from the get go. I tried to rationalize that maybe Trump made some sort of brilliant move that I didn't understand but at this point I am ready to throw in the towel. I guess we never had a chance let alone a choice.

No, Trump Didn't Make a Brilliant Machiavellian 4D Chess Move
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:54 pm

surfsteve wrote:No, Trump Didn't Make a Brilliant Machiavellian 4D Chess Move

It's always been my belief that Trump is overwhelmed by regular 2D checkers. Just sayin'...
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 am

It's possible that Trump is playing 2 -d checkers but it's also possible he attacked Syria on the same day he was in a meeting with the Chinese as a show of force because he intends to strike against North Korea. China has put troops on the North Korean boarder but people are saying it has more to do with preventing the North Koreans from escaping to China, not to defend them in case the US attacks and that they've given Trump some sort of secret permission to go ahead with the attack. I'm not clear if this will lead to the Chinese attacking Taiwan. Perhaps Trump has led them to believe they've gotten his permission to do so as well in exchange for letting US attack Korea. If any of this speculation is valid it should be remembered that Saddam believed he had permission to attack Kuwait and look what happened to him. This sort of implied permission goes both ways between US attacking Korea and China attacking Taiwan. Very risky business!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 am

Russian foreign minister scolds Rex Tillerson over Syria
The Tomahawk missile attack against Syria was nothing short of a war crime. The UN should meet, investigate, and issue an official statement condemning the USA for its undeniable crimes. On top of that Trump should be impeached for authorizing a military strike in a non-emergency situation. Instead he's cheered for acting decisively. How is doing the wrong thing, but doing it in a decisive manner, something that should be applauded?
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:04 am

It's possible that the Russians knew that the Trumpster was going to attack Syria well in advance and even knew about the chemical weapons being stored where Syria was about to bomb. Wink, wink! Both Putin and Trump are enjoying massive approval ratings though Trump's base that got him elected has been seriously stressed. But it's OK to piss off the people that got you elected if it gets the democrats, the news media and most of the republican politicians that hated your guts on your side. Right?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:34 am

Expert: I'm more worried than ever about US-Russia war
As long as Trump doesn't do anything stupid, we should be alright, but Trump has a natural tendency towards stupid, short-sighted action and so we all might be screwed!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 am

Trump has a habit of getting people to focus on one thing he's doing as a distraction and secretly doing another. There are strong indications that he is planning on attacking North Korea. I think I was a little off in my last post. From what I'm reading it's more likely that there's some sort of agreement that Trump will lead the attack on them and then let China do the mopping up, keeping the lion's share of the spoils for not attacking Taiwan. Not turning a blind eye if they do like I thought maybe in my last post. I think it's more likely, that all the to do about Russia is just cover fire to keep everyone distracted from what he's really up to. I honestly don't know. Maybe I'm way off base and he really has it in for Russia. Supposedly someone wants to run a pipeline through Syria to supply Europe with petroleum. I don't see how that would benefit the United States nor really Israel who people have accused Trump of serving. True Israel would like to see Syria's military broken up, I just meant about the pipeline part. Before the bombings USA was ready to leave things as they were and let Assad stay in power. Was that just a ruse or is that how US really feels? I believe the later. The bombings have made everyone in power feel good. Europe is happy, Israel is pleased and the Russians are pretending to be mad but how can they really be from such a half ass attack under such a phony excuse? In reality they are brimming with pride and confidence. Is it all due to Trump making an incredible blunder or is it a 4-d chess move that none of us can comprehend? Don't get me wrong. I'm still plenty pissed at him for essentially abandoning his campaign promises and turning himself into a war hawk!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 am

'100% fabrication': Assad on accusations of chemical attack in Idlib
I have more confidence that Assad speaks the truth, than that someone like McCain, for instance, speaks the truth.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 am

Russia want's war. Look how close they put their country to our military bases!

The Map That Shows Why Russia Fears War With USA
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 am

Trump: Iraq, Syria... whatever. But the chocolate cake was to die for.
The idiot in charge can remember what he had for dessert just fine, but when it comes to remembering which country he just bombed, he's totally clueless. We elected a total moron!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues