Russia Tips The Grand Chess Board

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Russia Tips The Grand Chess Board

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Putin Opts for Calm Following Downing of Russian Jet in Syria
It looks like Putin is not going to do anything, but I think this would be sufficient justification for banning Israel from Syrian airspace.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 pm

I doubt if the Jews have any authorization to enter Syrian air space now. Another possibility is the Russian furnished air defense and attack weapons may not be worth a shit to start with resulting to the downing of the passenger plane. Another way of looking at it is Israel is in fear always from attack from Iran, Syria and all Muslims who want them all dead. Like they want me dead because I'm a US citizen. So in the eyes of the Jews if it is acceptable to strap on a bomb and get on a school bus and blow it up then using a passenger plane as a shield to complete in their eyes a successful preemptive strike at a weapons depot. Depends on what side of the wall your on and how you look at it.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 pm

I have no doubt that Russia is fully capable of keeping Israel out of Syrian airspace if they so choose, but that would constitute an escalation which would give the USA an excuse to increase our involvement. Putin probably does not want to over-extend his military resources to that extent and take a risk of an escalation involving the USA. So, he'll play it safe and most likely retaliate in a plausibly deniable manner or use this incident as a bargaining chip. Following the incident where Turkey shot down a Russian jet, Turkey suddenly increased its cooperation with Russia. No doubt Russia used that event as leverage to force Turkey to improve its attitude. Something along those lines will probably happen with Israel... otherwise Israel will pay a huge cost for the incident.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Israel's days are numbered. I don't believe in Biblical prophecy, but the pieces are just about in place. It's just a matter of time before Iran and Syria squash Israel. Although Israel won't go without a fight, the fight won't go nuclear. A deal will be struck that will allow the rich and powerful to exit with most of their assets...
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:59 am

I don't the Jews are going anywhere without a fight. They feel it is destiny. Equal to the desire of others to rid the planet of them. They learned a lot from the 1930-1940’s and that is when their backs are against the wall they will be alone. They will fight to the last bullet when the time comes. That part of the planet will be as inhabitable as Chenerbal is now. I remember the way neighbors left their homes in ’67 to go fight, some did not come back, some died some started new lives over there. Just best to leave them alone in that little corner of the world. When threatened they will kill you. That is their lesson learned.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Israeli delegation travels to Moscow
It's good to see Israel responding in this way. At the least it's a good faith move that will hopefully keep things from escalating.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:13 am

Sparky of SoCal wrote:I doubt if the Jews have any authorization to enter Syrian air space now. Another possibility is the Russian furnished air defense and attack weapons may not be worth a shit to start with resulting to the downing of the passenger plane. Another way of looking at it is Israel is in fear always from attack from Iran, Syria and all Muslims who want them all dead. Like they want me dead because I'm a US citizen. So in the eyes of the Jews if it is acceptable to strap on a bomb and get on a school bus and blow it up then using a passenger plane as a shield to complete in their eyes a successful preemptive strike at a weapons depot. Depends on what side of the wall your on and how you look at it.

I was wrong. It was not a commercial Russian plane shot down by Syria. It was a Russian surveillance plane that Syria shot down.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... ar-AAAzivC
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Russian MoD: 3D video of Il-20 downing off Syrian coast
This makes things pretty clear...
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:55 am

EMPs, Russia’s Ace in the Hole - Russia Develops Microwave Cannon That FRIES Enemy Electronics
Without sophisticated weaponry dependent upon electronics, it would be back to WWII tech. I'm quite sure that our military has similar weapons which work equally well... or at least I hope so!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 am

Absurd and Orwellian! Russian Cartoon for Toddlers Accused of Hacking Children’s Minds
Having dealt with toddlers a couple times already this week, I can understand why weak-minded individuals might feel threatened! :roll2:
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues