Cry Bullies, Social Justice Whiners, and Woke-tards

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Cry Bullies and Social Justice Warriors

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:53 am

Is the Gender Pay Gap Real?
Here's a case where a comment left in response to a video rises far above the actual video in terms of intellectual quality. The video is by the vlogbrothers and basically it's the more famous of the two (he wrote a bunch of ridiculously over-rated books) doing his best to save face. He spends half the video back-peddling to take back assertions he made in a previous video and the rest throwing up smoke to make his half-witted errors seem a little bit less half-witted. The choir is likely to forgive him since he's singing their song, but he's not impressing anybody who's not already a member of the Moron Retardnacle Choir!
:laugh:
So you know the whole "God in the gaps" phenomenon? People used to think the gods lived on the top of mountains, like Mt. Olympus, until people climbed those mountains and didn't find Zeus. OK then maybe God lives in the clouds, until we figured out how clouds actually worked. Well then maybe God is in the stars? Then we found out what space is like and now God has to live somewhere else. So now in 2016 we aren't sure what happened before the big bang and we haven't gotten a good grasp of quantum mechanics yet, so maybe that's where God lives.

This entire video was basically "Sexism in the gaps". We start out with the whole 77 cents on the dollar and everyone shouting about how that $0.23 is all sexism. And then we correct for hours worked and the pay gap shrinks to 16 cents, which are now by the way totally sexism you guys... this time for real seriously, patriarchy! And then we correct for education, job experience, and career choice then the pay gap shrinks to 4 cents. And then NOW you guys ... this time, it's sexism OK. could it not be possible (and very probable based on the way this argument has been going for decades) that if we were to take a closer look at that 4% we'd find more totally not sexist reasons that men and women are paid differently. Maybe men and women negotiate for raises in different ways, maybe men and women enjoy different types of jobs. Or maybe it's disingenuous to claim that any wage gap that cannot be explained must therefore be explained as sexism.

LINK TO VIDEO (it's not worth watching, but if you must...):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0EYBBl5LI
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:31 am

At least part of the wage gap can be attributed to willingness to put in overtime. Every place I've ever worked when there's overtime available, women almost always turn it down while men are actually eager for the chance to make some extra cash. Men are much more willing to rearrange their social calendar to accommodate a change in their work schedule than is the case with women. Maybe my experience is not a good indication of a general trend or tendency, but I'm willing to bet that it is.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 am

dilbert: Actually my experience is the same as yours. I even have female friends who have turned down opportunities for overtime and I know lots of guys who take it everytime they have the chance. I think guys are motivated by a bigger paycheck more than are women. It's just different priorities and I really don't think discrimination is what causes the gender wage gap. It's more like inherent differences in the motivations of men versus women.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Blame Social Justice Warriors for Donald Trump
The idea that this whole Trump phenomenon is a backlash against repressive progressives probably does explain what motivates many Trump fans.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:31 am

Ghostbusters (GIRL POWER version) EPIC FAIL!
Redoing a movie by applying SJW recipes probably isn't the best way to go about movie-making. People don't really want to be preached at. They want to be entertained.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:37 pm

5 Signs You’re A Regressive Liberal
This covers the subject pretty well! :thumb:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Indoctrinating Your Children
I just love the way these half-witted community college flunky instructors shove their half-assed opinions down the throats of young people as if they are facts. I'd love to see these half-wits in a debate with someone in possession of a fully functioning brain!
:smack:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:17 am

cactuspete: I hope that public funds are not being used to spread this crap! Our school system should be teaching critical thinking skills so kids can recognize bullshit like this for what it actually is and not be tricked by manipulative propaganda pushers.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:45 am

cactuspete wrote:Indoctrinating Your Children
I just love the way these half-witted community college flunky instructors shove their half-assed opinions down the throats of young people as if they are facts. I'd love to see these half-wits in a debate with someone in possession of a fully functioning brain!

If these half-witted community college flunkies actually had to face an intellectually competent person in a debate, they'd claim that they were being bullied by the way the competent person used facts, logic, etc. Anyone who questions their idiotic opinions is deemed hostile and an enemy to their cause. It's not about reason, logic, evidence, consensus, or any of those things, it's about how THEY think the world should be and the biggest problem is that THEY haven't really thought through their own opinions well-enough to see the inconsistencies, weaknesses, and probable outcomes of the kinds of policy they push. It's one thing to dream up ideas and recommendations for social change and quite another thing to be able to see the implications and unintended consequences of those ideas and recommendations.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrgreen » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 am

This is your brain on Social Justice: Laci Green doesn't get Biological Sex either!
Laci Green gives us a peak into the pathetically stupid mind of the Social Justice Warrior!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues