Russian Hackers or Lame Excuses?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Russian Hackers or Lame Excuses?

Postby ergot » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:26 am

They say it's a bipartisan group that is pushing the Russian hacker narative, but as far as I can tell the only Republicans supporting an extensive investigation are McCain and a few of his braindead buddies. Everyone knows that McCain is consumed with an irrational hatred of Russia and he's probably still upset over comments Trump made about him during the election. So, it's not surprising that McCain has jumped on the Russia Did It bandwagon.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Accusations of ‘Russian hacking’ abound – but where’s the evidence?
This seems like a sober assessment of the situation, which is more than I can say for accounts provided by the MSM in the last few days.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:28 pm

How can intel officials figure out who's behind a hack?
Even I know that IP addresses can be spoofed and hidden behind impenetrable layers of cover. As for hours, hackers are known to work at irregular times. Nothing that the so-called expert says in this video is beyond ankle biter level hackers. This comment offers more insight than anything in the video:
CNN has ZERO PROOF that Russia hacked the DNC. In fact the only proof out there leads to an IP address in the Ukraine which was responsible for sending John Podesta an email that every 7th grader knows not to reply to. Maybe the real story here is how could Podesta be so stupid as to click on a link in an email he does not know the source of which gave the Ukrainian IP an open door into his private information? Maybe CNN is too stupid to know that the Ukraine and Russia are enemy's. When will CNN get anything right???????? If you believe this Russian hacking BS with out any proof - you're an idiot.

mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:39 am

Friends I have who are computer security analysts aren't buying this story at all. On top of that, security agencies aren't even backing the Russian hacker story with anything official. There is nothing solid and it feels more like rumor and innuendo than a solid news story. I think this is what they mean by FAKE NEWS!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

From what I read the evidence suggests that it was a leak and not a hack. It was probably leaked by someone who had access to the emails such as someone in the democratic party that was murdered. Authorities should be investigating that and not Russia.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:11 pm

In this video Obama implies Trump is out of his gourd for accusing Hillary of cheating and that it is impossible for anyone to hack a US election. It also shows him flip flopping on that after Hillary didn't win.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:40 am

surfsteve wrote:In this video Obama implies Trump is out of his gourd for accusing Hillary of cheating and that it is impossible for anyone to hack a US election. It also shows him flip flopping on that after Hillary didn't win.

That is one of the better ones the press has forgotten about. The Trump camp should get this played as often as they can right know. Much of the public will relate it to the present time and the issue would die.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:36 am

surfsteve: If I recall correctly, Seth Rich was the name of the guy who was murdered and Assange implied that the murder might have been due to a leak to WikiLeaks that he might possibly have been involved in. That scenario seems much more likely than the Russian hacker story that the press is pushing.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:21 am

The Chinese and the Indians are just as good at hacking as Russia, if not better. There are tons of other countries that are all capable of hacking our systems. On top of that there are tons of hacker groups not affiliated with any particular government that could also do the dirty deed. My point is that there's no way to know who did it and this insistence that it was the Russians is not motivated by an analysis of the evidence, but by an overwhelming desire for it to be the Russians.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:17 am

Leak, not hack, Ergot. The people saying it was a hack are the same ones who led us into the Iraq war by falsely claiming Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Don't loose sight of that, even if they pull another 9-11 style event before Trump can get into office!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues