California versus Trump

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: California versus Trump

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 pm

California lawmakers look at ‘sanctuary’ state bill
This is such a stupid waste. Just enforce the law and allow the system to work. Schools, hospitals, etc. should all be required to report illegals no matter what. Illegal is illegal and those who don't report should be charged with aiding and abetting.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm

'Calexit' Gets Approval to Collect Signatures
Last words in this clip: The chances of California actually seceding from the USA are about the same as Donald Trump becoming president!
:eek:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:58 am

ergot: California won't be seceding. I'd bet on that. There might be a few yahoos talking up the possibility and the news media will definitely talk it up since it's great sensationalistic news, but the reality is that it just won't happen unless there is a bigger problem which makes it necessary. With an unstable person as president anything can happen, but I'm counting on the system working and keeping everything under control.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby surfsteve » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:15 am

It would be suicide for California to succeed from the Union. California has no standing army and the best they could do is muster a few movie stars to play soldier and sing songs while Mexico, China and the rest of the world fight over who is going to make them their bitch. Mexico would probably gladly pay for a wall just to keep all the Californians from trying to cross over the boarder as refugees seeking economic welfare.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:12 pm

whiskeypete wrote:ergot: California won't be seceding. I'd bet on that. There might be a few yahoos talking up the possibility and the news media will definitely talk it up since it's great sensationalistic news, but the reality is that it just won't happen unless there is a bigger problem which makes it necessary. With an unstable person as president anything can happen, but I'm counting on the system working and keeping everything under control.

I think your right, thank goodness we didn't vote the crazy in one home but sent her packing.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:38 pm

California Dreaming: Calls for state secession from USA grows
I don't believe that one in three Californians actually support secession. It's a bad idea and Trump may not be all that great, but he's not all that bad. If he gets the immigration mess sorted out, then that would be a good thing. These sanctuary cities are a big part of the problem.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 am

California would be stupid to split off from the rest of the USA. Trump may not be the best president (in fact, he might wind up being the the worst), but he's only the president. One man (knock on wood) cannot do that much damage given our system of checks and balances. So far the courts have already reeled him in on one stupid scheme. I have faith in our system and California should stick with the USA and anti-Trump people should spot obsessing!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:55 am

mrfish wrote:California would be stupid to split off from the rest of the USA. Trump may not be the best president (in fact, he might wind up being the the worst), but he's only the president. One man (knock on wood) cannot do that much damage given our system of checks and balances. So far the courts have already reeled him in on one stupid scheme. I have faith in our system and California should stick with the USA and anti-Trump people should spot obsessing!

Don’t underestimate Trump supporters. They got him elected to the job they wanted him to have. Don’t put too much trust in the information sources you did pre-election either. Watching and listening to some news sources some may think nobody agrees with Mr. Trump. Trump supporters may not be protesting, rioting in the streets, or causing civil disobedience but they are just as supporting. Numbers wise in CA that may not have as big an impact but those fly over states with tax payers and fewer leaches on the system are no longer going to sit by at election type and get shit rammed down their throats.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:44 am

The term trumptard has been used with increasing frequency over the last few weeks. Libtard has been in use for a long time, but trumptard is a relatively new phenomenon. My best guess is that trumptard refers to diehard Trump fans who perceive themselves to be part of some kind of movement, when actually even those who voted for Trump aren't exactly thrilled with him being president. Probably about ten percent of the population are hardcore trumptards, but they perceive themselves to be a majority. Delusional thinking is nothing new, but trumptardation is a new spin on an old theme.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Libtards wont be calling him that after he delivers on his promise to end the California drought. At this point it's only a politi-Cal drought anyway. I do believe that most people on welfare would prefer to work but I suppose there's a few dead beats, the genuinely corrupted and about 20 delta smelts who will never be convinced.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News