Supreme Court Nominations

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Supreme Court Nominations

Postby desertrat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Graham slams Democrats, vigorously defends Kavanaugh
You might call it a Graham slam! :thumb2:
BTW, the Democrats have reached a new low with this charade, as Graham characterizes the assault against Kavanaugh.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:58 am

I wonder how Bill Clinton would have held up under these type of proceedings?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 pm

President Trump orders FBI investigation into Kavanaugh
This is one of those good news, bad news kind of situations. The good news is that a vote is still likely before the midterms. The bad news is that the vote will delayed by at least a week to give the FBI time to make a "supplemental" investigation which is limited in scope.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 pm

It is funny tho that the FBI, one of the things Trump bitches about will do a inquire that will shut up some of his critics. The critics demand a back check and a back check the will get.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm

Some say that Christine Blasey Ford provided convincing testimony the other day just because she was coherent and showed emotion. Neither of those things prove anything, especially in light of the fact that she is a psychology professor. She knows exactly what components are necessary to make a convincing accusation. She's worked in the field of psychology for three decades! She's a hardcore democrat taking an opportunity to head off a conservative supreme court roster. There's a lot riding on the fortuitous timing of her accusation and on top of that now she has the notoriety she needs to make millions as a guest speaker and an author. Her accusation was carefully calculated and planned out. Everything about the way her accusation "surfaced" screams of phoniness designed to have political impact!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 pm

"My Therapist Got It Wrong" Christine Blasey Ford Flustered Over Her Inconsistent Statements
The chances that the therapist got it wrong are almost zero! Also she did not name Kavanaugh at that time. She claims to be 100% sure now, but she didn't name him then? The lady is a LIAR!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Kavanaugh Stole My G.I. Joe When I Was Six Years Old
I was in favor of confirming Kavanaugh until I saw this!!! :laugh:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 am

I'm starting to see this as more of a battle between good and evil. All that's necessary for evil to propagate is for good people to stand by and do nothing. Since Trump has been elected people are standing up for themselves and not letting evil people get away with their bullshit! I hope this kind of thing continues long after Trump is gone because he's not going to last forever.

Cavanaugh wouldn't have stood a chance had he been nominated by any of the last 5 presidents. Though Bush did succeed in getting Clarence Thomas through, I don't think he would have made it through Maxine Waters and the likes had he been white. Thomas was conservative but I don't think he's been anywhere near as constitutional as Cavanaugh will be which is probably the real reason for the controversy.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Trump mocks Kavanaugh accuser at raucous rally
Thank you Mr. President for pointing out the obvious flaws with the lying lady's claims. All false accusers should rot in hell!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Kavanaugh pens op-ed defending 'emotional' testimony
Those criticizing Kavanaugh for showing too much emotion would have been just as quick to criticize him if he had not shown enough emotion.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues