Trump's America?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Trump's America?

Postby desertrat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Trump takes on NBA and NFL stars
Trump has a point, but he may have bitten off more than he can chew. NFL and NBA stars are ridiculously overpaid and they should show respect and gratitude for the millions many of them make, but will any fans listen to Trump? I seriously doubt it. No one is going to stop watching football or basketball over these childish protests. It's just not going to happen.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Trump's America?

Postby desertrat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 pm

Marc Cuban: President Donald Trump Must 'Be Able to Take the Blowback' | Meet The Press | NBC News
I'd like to see Trump pull the rug out from under the spoiled pieces of garbage "taking a knee", but I don't think that's how this is going to go. I don't see how Trump has more influence on public opinion than professional athletes. On the other hand, if he can pull it off, more power to him!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 pm

NFL Players #TakeAKnee Against Trump
Maybe Mr. Trump can draft an executive order declaring that all NFL and NBA players will be taxed at a rate of 99%. That'll take the wind out of their sails!
:laugh:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 pm

"Disrespectful A*holes" Judge Jeanine goes BEASTMODE on NFL Players
Football is boring. Players are overpaid. And this lady tears the illustrious NFL commissioner a new asshole for his cowardly reply to President Trump.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 am

Are the NFL players protesting something? I don't understand why they are not part of the National Anthem ceremonies. What message am I supposed to be feeling sorry for? What cause is so important to go to this kind of disrespect. I understand they have the right to act this way but what am I missing?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Trump's America

Postby mrfish » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm

They're a bunch of worthless whiners pretending that they have something to protest about. They say they're against racism and they don't like Trump. I hope Trump is able to put these arrogant assholes in their place!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby deathvalleyjake » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:08 pm

How The Pentagon Paid For NFL's Patriotism :conf2:
Before 2009 players stayed in the locker room until after the national anthem. Assuming this is true, then this is very interesting.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva: "This is my fault, and my fault only"
Here's a little interesting behind the scenes for ya! BTW, I recently learned that BTS is short for Behind The Scenes. Not sure why I didn't already know that.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

The End of NFL Football?
I find it hard to believe that the NFL will lose many fans over this and if they do all they'll have to do is lower their fees for admission and TV broadcasts. People will never give up football. It's almost inconceivable, but it would be interesting if football became radically less popular and the salaries paid to players were drastically reduced.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 am

The NFL players are just grandstanding. They want to feel important and like they're promoting a real cause. They say that they are protesting racial injustice, but at this time in the USA there is no real racial injustice. In fact, many minorities are provided with undeserved assistance and advantages. Trump has threatened to cut back on these perks and the feeling of entitlement felt by many minorities causes them to believe that they deserve things which they have not earned. That's the problem with the welfare state. Recipients of public assistance come to take the handouts for granted and see any cutbacks as an attack on their rights. Trump needs to clean this mess up!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to News and Issues