Trump's America?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Trump's America?

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:41 am

mrfish: Proves that there is no such thing as white privilege and that in reality there is something that should be called black privilege. Obama got a big award for showing up to work and smiling, while Trump actually accomplishes something substantial and no one is likely to give him any kind of award at all. That's how the real world works. Those who do all the work get taxed and the lazy and worthless get their money for free! When working people complain they're demonized by the press and shamed for having the audacity to believe that everyone should be required to pull their own weight!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:00 am

Well put Crusty. I'm starting to feel like Trump has them against the ropes. He should give them a good pummeling.

I only came across this week old video yesterday but watching it made me feel good.

Congress ORDERS THE TRACK DOWN of Loretta Lynch, Hillary clinton & James Comey

Who knows. Maybe we will see some of these guys locked up before this thing is over!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am

mrfish wrote:Considering that Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing and ultimately making the world a whole lot less peaceful by the end of his second term, it seems only reasonable that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize for what he's ACCOMPLISHED in North Korea.

I too would like to see them offer Trump the N. peace prize. Even better would be Trump refusing to accept it after it being tainted by the act of giving one to Obama, unless they revoke his first!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 am

surfsteve wrote:
mrfish wrote:Considering that Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing and ultimately making the world a whole lot less peaceful by the end of his second term, it seems only reasonable that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize for what he's ACCOMPLISHED in North Korea.

I too would like to see them offer Trump the N. peace prize. Even better would be Trump refusing to accept it after it being tainted by the act of giving one to Obama, unless they revoke his first!

Great Idea!
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Tue May 01, 2018 7:15 am

Hillary, Comey, Obama, Lynch For Prison!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Tue May 01, 2018 7:34 am

Nobel Peace Prize? I don't know. Bombing Syria on two occasions based on false pretenses might disqualify him. He had to know that Syria didn't use chemical weapons and although he may have good strategic reasons for what he did, he still acted in an manner which is ethically questionable.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 am

pcslim wrote:Nobel Peace Prize? I don't know. Bombing Syria on two occasions based on false pretenses might disqualify him. He had to know that Syria didn't use chemical weapons and although he may have good strategic reasons for what he did, he still acted in an manner which is ethically questionable.

On the contrary. It seems as if the more damage you do the greater your chances of being awarded the prize. I'm surprised Hitler never won one though I believe he was nominated for it.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 pm

surfsteve wrote:
pcslim wrote:Nobel Peace Prize? I don't know. Bombing Syria on two occasions based on false pretenses might disqualify him. He had to know that Syria didn't use chemical weapons and although he may have good strategic reasons for what he did, he still acted in an manner which is ethically questionable.

On the contrary. It seems as if the more damage you do the greater your chances of being awarded the prize. I'm surprised Hitler never won one though I believe he was nominated for it.

Fair point, but my guess is that those on the Nobel Prize committee probably think that bombing Syria was a good thing. Not implying anything about their likely religious affiliation, but there's little doubt about that.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 am

What kind of proof does one need to verify the gassing? Granted I have only seen news reports showing sick people who appear to be suffering symptoms. Then again I have only seen commentators and late night talk shows say it was made up. CNN also but, who cares what they say. So where can I get factual accounts of what happened that some of you have to verify that Syria did not use gas. I am looking for facts, not assumptions. I need to get educated so I can comment honestly and correctly.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Thu May 03, 2018 6:17 am

Just look at the Did Syria Use Chemical Weapons? thread. It's filled with all sorts of videos that I find convincing. You're never going to get irrefutable evidence of anything, but if you sort through the conflicting stories it's not that hard to figure out who's lying and who's telling the truth. People, including doctors, who appeared in the original video have been interviewed and they say that the whole thing was staged. They were ambushed by a bunch of people with cameras insisting that there was a chemical attack and the people in the medical facility responded at first, but then figured out what was going on. By then the people with the cameras had what they wanted.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues