Trump's America?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Trump's America?

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu May 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Well alright. I have been watching that thread and don't feel or see what you do. Again I do understand that both sides of this story lie. If we did bomb without cause I would have figured more outrage from Syria and Russia. I have not seen as much outrage then I would expect from an innocent party. To add to this, I have no hard feelings twords Putin for messing with press or their so called hacking. That's the right thing for him to do to improve his situation. We do the same. We need to improve our security to stop him. Telling him to stop is not the answer. If the Russians don't stop hacking someone else will.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Thu May 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:If we did bomb without cause I would have figured more outrage from Syria and Russia. I have not seen as much outrage then I would expect from an innocent party.

Acting without justification is what the USA does. It's standard operating procedure. The USA usually claims a pretense of justification, but seldom do the facts back up the excuse claimed. In fact, much of what the USA does is predictable and the only unpredictable part is what creative excuse will be used. This time around even that was predicted weeks in advance.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Thu May 03, 2018 4:22 pm

What Kanye West and South Park have in common: punk AF
Let's face it, Trump is a lying sack of shit just like most of the rest of the idiots in charge. The one thing that Trump had over Hillary and her ilk was that he was not part of the hive, but the military strikes against Syria were about appeasing the hive. Maybe it was necessary to use a little smoke to calm the inhabitants of the hive, but it makes him seem like he is a member of the hive. Political maneuvering can be confusing and at least Trump kept the casualties very low, but an unjustifiable military strike is troubling even if it is the least objectionable of a bunch of really bad options available.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri May 04, 2018 8:57 am

ergot wrote:
Sparky of SoCal wrote:If we did bomb without cause I would have figured more outrage from Syria and Russia. I have not seen as much outrage then I would expect from an innocent party.

Acting without justification is what the USA does. It's standard operating procedure. The USA usually claims a pretense of justification, but seldom do the facts back up the excuse claimed. In fact, much of what the USA does is predictable and the only unpredictable part is what creative excuse will be used. This time around even that was predicted weeks in advance.

Acting without justification is what the USA does. (Because you don’t like the actions does not make your opinion fact) It's standard operating procedure. (Again, that is your biased opinion) The USA usually claims a pretense of justification, but seldom do the facts back up the excuse claimed. (Again, that is your biased opinion) In fact, much of what the USA does is predictable, and the only unpredictable part is what creative excuse will be used. This time around even that was predicted weeks in advance. Your opinion is respected and welcomed. Because you write it though does not make it factual. Others share your opion and beliefs and that is also welcome, but shots in the dark are not facts.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Fri May 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:
ergot wrote:

Acting without justification is what the USA does. (Because you don’t like the actions does not make your opinion fact) It's standard operating procedure. (Again, that is your biased opinion) The USA usually claims a pretense of justification, but seldom do the facts back up the excuse claimed. (Again, that is your biased opinion) In fact, much of what the USA does is predictable, and the only unpredictable part is what creative excuse will be used. This time around even that was predicted weeks in advance. Your opinion is respected and welcomed. Because you write it though does not make it factual. Others share your opion and beliefs and that is also welcome, but shots in the dark are not facts.

I was simply answering your question which was If we did bomb without cause I would have figured more outrage from Syria and Russia. I think I explained fairly accurately the perspective of the Syrians and the Russians. They expect this kind of behavior from the USA. That being said they did protest by bringing forth resolutions at the UN. They did call for an emergency meeting of the UN. There was also quite a bit of criticism of the USA on various Russian news channels on YouTube and elsewhere. However, ultimately the USA acted as it normally does. Why would their be extraordinary protest when what happened was what everyone expected would happen?
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am

President Donald Trump Promises To Back Gun Owners At NRA Convention
Supporting the right to bear arms is a good thing. That being said, while California is already too restrictive, some states might be too loose. A reasonable compromise might be possible.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Tue May 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Rudy Giuliani Dresses in Drag for 2000 Charity Dinner :eek:
It would seem that Trump and Giuliani have a very "special" relationship.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 pm

President Donald Trump has URGENT Press Conference with NATO Leader at the White House
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 am

Gutfeld: Laurel or Yanny is greatest metaphor for media bias
According to the corporate news media MS13 is the spark of humanity which gives us all hope for the future!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 am

IT’S HAPPENING! The Real TRAITORS Hillary, Lynch, Comey, DOJ, FBI Are Going To Be Investigated Now
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues