False Accusations Gone Wild

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: False Accusations Gone Wild

Postby wildrose » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:28 am

5 former wrestlers say Jordan knew of Ohio State abuse
This is nothing more than an allegation regarding an allegation. First of all the team doctor is dead and can't defend himself. It is very likely that he did nothing wrong. For Jordan to be guilty of anything the doctor would have had to have done something wrong, but even if the doctor did something wrong that doesn't mean that Jordan would necessarily know anything about it. Jordan has talked about student athletes joking around in the locker room and we all know that student athletes tend to say silly things about being examined by a doctor. As for genital examinations, I think we all know what steroids do to testicles... cough... cough...
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 am

wildrose: It's pretty sleazy to bring up an allegation a decade after the alleged offender is DEAD! That pretty much destroys the credibility of the accusers as far as I'm concerned. As for you theory about steroids, you make an excellent point. College athletes back then were very likely to abuse steroids and so I could see the team doctor being concerned about that sort of thing, but I guess we'll never know since he's DEAD!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 am

Federal claim: 5-year-old was molested at Travis AFB childcare center
This is not what you would at first expect. This is not a case of a staff member molesting a child, this is a case where children engaged in sexual experimentation. Normal childhood curiosity is now deemed to be molestation, apparently. Possibly staff did not provide adequate supervision or there were not enough staff members on duty at the time, but these things can happen quickly. The claim that the child was unaccounted for possibly for as long as an hour sounds like an exaggeration produced by taking someone's words out of context. I can't imagine five-year-olds being interested in sexual experimentation for that long of a time, although anything is possible. Most striking is the melodramatic over-reaction of the parents. Definitely out for the bucks on this one! It would seem that they are the ones actually exploiting their daughter in hopes of the big payoff.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:16 am

Papa John's founder accused of sexual harassment
It's almost expected nowadays that someone is going to accuse you of sexual harassment, especially if you're rich or famous, but even ordinary people, especially men, are highly likely targets of false accusations.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:35 am

Ballerina speaks out on lawsuit over alleged sharing of nude photos
QUOTE FROM END OF VIDEO: "But this is an incredibly disturbing story."
The allegation is that a guy and girl had consensual sex, but the guy took some pics and some video without her knowledge of her in the nude and shared it with some other guys.
Not seeing how the allegation is INCREDIBLY DISTURBING. :roll2:
HOWEVER, it is the case that the allegation is INCREDIBLY unbelievable. First of all, the way she supposedly discovered the pics and vids doesn't make any sense and secondly it sounds like she is mad at the guy and/or the ballet company and just going for revenge and maybe a little money on top of that.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct
Ridiculous, last-minute, desperate attempt to block confirmation and it's anonymous on top of everything else. An incident at a high school party thirty-five years ago?
:smack:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Jeffrey Toobin: Kavanaugh nomination is in a lot of trouble
Obvious attempt to derail confirmation. The timing makes it impossible to believe the accuser. It's all about getting past November and hoping that the Dems get a majority in Congress. That's the game and that's why I have no doubt that this is a false accusation. I'd like to see the false accuser do some serious time in prison.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:56 am

It may, possibly, but doubtful delay the vote till after the election. That I think was the plans intent. If an accusation like this does succeeds it will be the “Silver Bullet” for years to come.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:27 am

I don't see how pundits at CNN and MSNBC take this story seriously! They act as if the accusation actually has some degree of credibility. The insanity of the news media is beyond anything that can be described. The allegation is so obviously fake that it takes a complete moron to even pretend that it's possibly true. If it were true the allegation would have been made shortly after the supposed assault. Nothing to believe here folks! It's all fake!!!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:19 am

mrfish: This just underscores why it is so important to have limitations on how long an accuser can wait before making an accusation. I'd say three months maximum for adult accusers and within one year of turning eighteen for accusers who were minors at the time of an alleged assault. That would reduce the amount of time wasted on bogus allegations. The big payoffs have created a lot of business for the fake sexual assault industry and something has got to be done to put an end to this incredible waste of time and money!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues