Cold War 2.0

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Cold War 2.0

Postby shadylady » Fri May 04, 2018 6:22 am

Kanye West or Kanye Far East? Rapper accused of being Russian spy
Might as well face it. The USA is full of Russian spies. They're everywhere!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildbill » Tue May 08, 2018 6:11 am

shadylady: What I've noticed is that the MSM seems to be intent on pushing a very specific narrative and that anything which conflicts with that narrative or calls into question any premise of the narrative is immediately attacked. Not with evidence, but by discrediting the source. It's gotten to the point that if the MSM pushes an idea, I automatically become suspicious that the MSM is lying.
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 am

wildbill: What Mr. Fish said about the Overton Window in the Did Syria Use Chemical Weapons? thread makes a lot of sense. The idea that the two political parties are used to control the range of ideas tolerated in public discourse seems like about the only purpose that they actually serve. That way real debate about what's really going on is prevented. Information control helps keep people from obtaining the info they need to see through the propaganda. So I agree that any idea pushed by the MSM should probably be questioned!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 am

Overton Window: Ignoring the white elephant in the room is what our news media does best. You can count on them to work hard to distract from the real and obvious issues and to do their best to get people to obsess over things that don't really matter. What better way to control the masses?
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Thu May 17, 2018 6:14 am

This is a Cold War that never needed to be. We should have just stayed out of Syria. That's all we needed to do and there would have been no tensions developing with Russia. Crimea would still be part of Ukraine and all would be good between the USA and Russia. We took Russia for granted and now that's why we're in Cold War 2.0. I guess Obama deserves the blame for that. I know there are probably some people reading this who can't connect the dots, but I'm not in the mood for spoon-feeding morons at the moment.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:15 am

Maria Butina Case: Prosecutors May Seek Gag Order :wtf:
This case is an obvious scam and a national embarrassment. There is no reason to treat this young lady in this manner. There aren't even any serious allegations of anything of consequence. And as for the allegations which have been made there is no evidence!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to News and Issues