Political Sex Scandals

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Political Sex Scandals

Postby wildrose » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:40 am

shadylady: The parallels you point out are undeniable, but for a person caught up in the paranoia/emotion of such a conspiracy theory, it's impossible for them to take a step back and look at the situation realistically. These people are making videos in which mere eccentricities are being turned into evidence of sexual perversion. They are taking statistics about missing children and misrepresenting them to support their contention that there is some kind of widespread underground of pedophiles abducting children to satisfy their sick and twisted desires. One young lady claiming to be from Norway sited Google trends to support her contention that interest in PizzaGate is growing and while that is true, the number of searches for PizzaGate is currently dwarfed by the number of searches for ordinary terms such as Thanksgiving or Black Friday. In fact, the number of searches for Thanksgiving, this morning the day after Thanksgiving no less, was one hundred times that of the number of searches for PizzaGate. Searches for Black Friday more than doubled searches for Thanksgiving. I'm sure that within the conspiracy nutjob community this increase in searches for PizzaGate seems significant, but among these people a friendship bracelet that Joe Biden gave to Barack Obama also seems to be filled with significance. Crazy people have no sense of reality or proportionality.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:55 am

Americans love witch hunts. It's in our DNA. It's definitely a character flaw, but it's part of our national identity from Salem through McCarthyism and onto Alex Jones and his cronies. This latest surge of interest into the Epstein Island sexcapades conspiracy theory seems to at least be in part fueled by Kanye West's incoherent rant/meltdown a few days ago. The usual conspiracy theory types are hyping the story for all it's worth. Scandal sells and attention-seekers are forever taking advantage of any opportunity that comes along to grab attention.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:28 am

Pizzagate is entirely circumstantial evidence and it is taking the focus away from Hillary's more serious charge of treason: setting up an email server, risking top secret information, so she could hide from the authorities that she was using the Clinton foundation as a giant money laundering scheme, selling America to the highest bidder.

Even the evidence of play for pay is circumstantial. What is solid is the fact that she set up an email server and violated the national security protocols and destroyed evidence after she was subpenaed presumably to cover it up.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:59 am

PizzaGate Is Going Viral Worldwide
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:39 am

surfsteve wrote:PizzaGate Is Going Viral Worldwide

Not even close. Reality check time. A video is considered to have gone viral if it receives one million views in a single day. If you take all the views of videos on the topic of PizzaGate posted on YouTube during the last full week the TOTAL number of views would not even be one million. Another way of gauging the popularity of a topic is through Google trends. PizzaGate peaked November 23rd (that's four days ago). PizzaGate as a search term is not nearly as popular as the terms Russia, shampoo, or elephant. If it can't even beat common words as a search term, it's more than just an EXAGGERATION to claim that it's gone viral. I think the term DELUSION would be more appropriate, quite frankly. Just because the conspiracy theory nutcases are going apeshit over this PizzaGate bullshit, doesn't make it anything more than a conspiracy theory nutcase jerk off session, which is not the same thing as the topic going viral, although I'm sure it seems that way to those participating in the jerk off session.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:04 pm

Funny. If you google PIZZAGATE IS NOT VIRAL, 7 out of the first 10 results say that it is viral. Zero say it is not. Also: I was merely quoting from the title of the video. Sorry if I confused you into thinking I believed it was viral. Honestly I don't know if it is or not but it sure seems peculiar. If you went around frantically screaming MY HOUSE IS NOT ON FIRE! MY HOUSE IS NOT ON FIRE! The way the media is carrying on about it; I'd be incline to call the fire department out of concern thinking perhaps you were delusional. Especially if someone said they saw smoke coming from your house! That's kind of what we have here. The people making the videos and writing the articles did not make up the elements. They came from the FBI and Wikileaks. They merely put them together and drew upon their conclusions.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:51 pm

1) Just because search results return links to pages on which nutjobs proclaim something to be viral, does not prove that something is actually viral. Nutjobs are likely to say just about anything.
2) I wasn't concerned about whether you endorsed the proclamation that PizzaGate had gone viral or not. I was simply refuting that assertion.
3) House Fire Analogy - No, it's more like some nutjob who has a grudge against his neighbor who notices that there is smoke from the BBQ grill in the backyard of his neighbor and on the radio he hears the song "Help!" by The Beatles and decides that the fact that he heard someone say "Help!" is all the excuse he needs to call the fire department. In the back of his mind he hopes that the fire department arrives with hoses on full blast and that they ruin his neighbor's dinner or even better flood his house. The people making all the videos are like the nutjob neighbor with a grudge. They have no critical thinking skills, are driven by negative energy, and are quick to convince themselves that something just has to be done.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:20 am

Suddenly since the election everybody is a conspiracy nut; or at the very least they have all somehow banded together to make it look like they are the majority of people on google? Sounds more to me like the news media conspired to come up with that theory. Could the fact that most of them have banned it from being talked about on their websites be the reason it isn't as you say, trending or going viral? At least so far. Nothing to see here folks. Move along!

NYT's Defense Of PizzaGate DC Pedophiles Blown Apart
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 am

Here is a video showing how PoPdesta may be linked to pizzagate by more than just some creepy artwork and misapplied commonly used terms. I still object to the investigation being called pizzagate. When I was a kid pizza was my favorite food and now it's name will be forever tarnished. When you think about it PodestaGate would have actually been a better name since he is the one in the middle of everything. Many of the alleged code words have been reported to not be used by pedophiles and I'm beginning to think that they were only used by a select small group of insiders that may have been directly linked to Podesta.

#PizzaGate Hillary Clinton GRAND OLD PEDOPHILE's Donald Trump No investigation

Also the title of the video is somewhat misleading and I believe it was not intended to implicate Trump and was probably a result of someone shortening it enough so it would fit into the Youtube description originally intended to mean that Trump was not investigating it; not that he was involved in it.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm

PIZZAGATE citizen investigation being corrupted by SHILLS, CONSPIRACY THEORISTS and DEFEATISTS
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues