China

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: China

Postby mrgreen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:57 pm

The Return of Fingerbang - "Band in China" - s23e02 - South Park
And here is a short clip from the South Park episode that resulted in South Park being banned in China.
Anybody who would betray their ideals just to make money in China isn't worth a lick of spit!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 am

mrgreen: The reality is that the USA is very much in need of China as a trading partner. You do realize that the chemical plant in Trona sells a large portion of the product it produces to companies in China, right? Having said that I wouldn't hesitate to criticize them myself, but I'm not an owner of a company that needs them as a customer either. If a company loses a customer they might have to lay off employees and stockholders aren't likely to be too happy either. Companies must be responsible about what they say and that means not offending customers just because it feels good!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 am

BoraxBill wrote:mrgreen: The reality is that the USA is very much in need of China as a trading partner. You do realize that the chemical plant in Trona sells a large portion of the product it produces to companies in China, right? Having said that I wouldn't hesitate to criticize them myself, but I'm not an owner of a company that needs them as a customer either. If a company loses a customer they might have to lay off employees and stockholders aren't likely to be too happy either. Companies must be responsible about what they say and that means not offending customers just because it feels good!

Even going so far as to ignore basic human rights abuse?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby recluse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm

NBA Now Requiring All Players To Stand For Chinese National Anthem
The NBA is apparently now owned by China. Enjoy this classic satirical news report. The problem is that there is more than a little truth underlying the fake news story.
The official song of the People's Republic of China, "March of the Volunteers," will be played at the start of all professional basketball games, whether at home or abroad. All players, fans, coaches, and employees will be required to stand and solemnly sing lyrics...

https://babylonbee.com/news/nba-requiring-players-to-stand-for-chinese-national-anthem
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 am

Worst baton pass ever? China's catastrophic 4x100 relay handoff
And then there's this....
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:44 am

WORST EVER: The poor girl probably got sent to a re-education camp for that mistake. She has dishonored her entire nation and will now suffer for the rest of her life as a result. Hopefully that's not the case, but we're talking China and so it's entirely possible!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:13 am

I noticed that all the news about the coronavirus is being posted to the Infectious Diseases thread in Technology and Gadgets. Probably there should be a few articles here also, but people are free to post as they see fit. So, just a heads up to alert people to check out that other thread for news about the coronavirus.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Tucker: Why would America's media take China's side amid coronavirus pandemic?
Allowing ourselves to become dependent on China for medical supplies was a big mistake!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 am

Tucker: America was a very different country 7 months ago
Ever dream of taking a trip to China? No need. China's coming to you. Pretty soon we'll be the United States of China!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wabbit » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:44 am

China's Dark Turn
China is an awful lot like North Korea. Just sayin....
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues