Israel and the Middle East

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Israel and the Middle East

Postby ergot » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Putin: Russian troops out of Syria
Putin has provided brilliant leadership in dealing with the situation in Syria, but our leaders here in the USA are too pigheaded and stupid to work with him.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Syria

Postby desertrat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:58 am

ergot: If sorting out the situation in the Middle East was what the USA wanted to do, then yes, but we all know that the USA has no interest in doing what's right for the people in the region. It's all about setting up the region to serve the interests or our corporate leaders, which our leaders rationalize as being good for everyone.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Criticizing Israel
Brother Nathanael shows clips featuring Farrakhan and Chomsky speaking truth about Israel and the USA.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Criticizing Israel

Postby KissMyTail » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 am

If we were to come to our senses, we would declare Israel the enemy and embrace Russia as a partner in the fight against world terrorism. But our leaders are all too corrupt to do the right thing. Something has got to change, but we seem to be stuck in a downward spiral at this time.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby pdm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 am

South Park - Van Halen :laugh:
Interesting how the symbols for the three faiths all morph into the Van Halen band logo!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby recluse » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Tucker slams 'chest-beaters' cheering US strike on Soleimani
I watched a bunch of reports on this incident. One thing that kept getting mentioned was that Trump should have gotten permission from Congress. The problem is that many people in Congress cannot be trusted. They would have leaked the info and warned the enemy. Primarily I'm thinking of members of "The Squad" and their ilk.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:34 pm

recluse: I haven't noticed anyone beating their chests, but I know a lot of people are confused. It's hard to see how this was necessary. On the other hand your comment about leakers in Congress seems more than reasonable considering some of the nutcases like the ones you mention who are members of congress. I'm sure Israel is pleased and I wouldn't be surprised if we were relying on their so-called intelligence on this one.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:57 pm

War with Iran coming?
It seems to me that we are not defending our interests. We are defending the interests of Israel. Trump seems to have realized that Israel must be appeased if he's going to be able to get anything done. As for the situation escalating, Iran must do something in retaliation to save face, but then what do we do?
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 am

Gutfeld: Trump is sending a clear message that he means what he says
Killing a foreign leader is not something to laugh about and there's a little too much joking around going on in this discussion. What the facts are and how it may be that they're being spun is impossible to know at this point. However, I agree that the killing of this guy was mostly done to appease Israel and it had very little to do with the national interests of the USA. People talk about Russia trying to influence our elections. The truth is that Israel practically controls our elections and their puppets were furious when Hillary lost the election in 2016 because it's not common for Israel to miscalculate like that. That being said, it looks like Trump has decided that it's easier to work with Israel and that failing to cooperate just makes his job tougher.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:51 am

So killing a bad guy who has killed many in the past and planning to kill more in the future. Organizing another embassy take over. Having an opportunity pop up where he could be neutralized with little collateral damage might not have been the reason?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues