Fox News

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Fox News

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 am

I came across an article titled 12 Unbelievably Awful Things Fox News Did This Year that claims Fox news is nothing but a public relations firm for the Republican party. Not the first time I head this but at least they give some good examples. Though the article was obviously written by a democrat.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Fox News

Postby cactuspete » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 am

surfsteve wrote:I came across an article titled 12 Unbelievably Awful Things Fox News Did This Year that claims Fox news is nothing but a public relations firm for the Republican party. Not the first time I head this but at least they give some good examples. Though the article was obviously written by a democrat.

If you want a long list of examples of the way that Fox misreports news events find the LiberalViewer channel on YouTube. He has documented somewhere over 150 examples of this type of thing. These are blatant and flaggrant misrepresentations that anyone would have to admit were outright attempts to misrepresent events, not just little slip ups that can be explained away.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 am

The Onion publishes fake Biden bio
One thing I'll say is that the spoofs published by The Onion are more likely to contain truth and to be accurate than the so-called "news" served up by the idiots at Faux!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Screw this. I'm done defending Fox Network. They are the Republican arm of the same beast the Democrats worship.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm

surfsteve wrote:Screw this. I'm done defending Fox Network. They are the Republican arm of the same beast the Democrats worship.

Defending Fox News is like being the Devil's Advocate as far as I'm concerned. I would never put myself in that position! As for Democrats and Republicans they are both authoritarian in orientation. I'm in favor of liberty and neither of those parties represent my interests!!!
:soap:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Right on. Where I draw the line is automatically dismissing something because it comes from Fox News or some other source. For what it's worth. The most deceptive lies are ones buried amongst massive amounts of undeniable truths.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:59 am

Fox News: Least Trusted Name in News
What amazes me most about Fox News is that anyone takes them seriously at all!
:smack:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:10 am

Fox news is the most and the least trusted network. How'd they do that?

"When it comes to asking Americans which single outlet they trust the most and least out of the ones we polled on, Fox News once again wins both honors."
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 am

Why Fox News Is Losing Its Audience
Could the Fox News bubble be about to burst?
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 am

Bill Oriley's average aged viewer is 71 years old? Sounds like bullshit to me. I wonder what the average IQ is of the people that believe that is.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues