Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby cactuspete » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am

PET ABUSERS REGISTRY: Statewide would be a good idea, but nationwide would be a better idea. People should not be allowed to repeatedly abuse animals and YES not taking proper care of an animal should count as abuse of an animal. That includes allowing your pet to be a neighborhood nuisance. People on the registry should not be allowed to own pets or to work with children or in other situations involving trust. Irresponsible treatment of animals indicates deep and serious character flaws and should be taken seriously.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 am

Would dressing a dog up in costumes or ugly hair cuts be a crime. Who is going to write the law if we go national with this. I can see some groups wanting to use something like this to ban dogs from being used in hunting.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby camel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:34 am

Personally I don't like the idea of more laws, but then again I don't like inconsiderate people either. Seems like you can't have your cake and eat it too as they say.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:16 am

People get put on the sex offender registry for little things like pissing in public when there aren't any restrooms available and so why not have an animal abuser registry for people who cause real problems that disrupt the lives of their neighbors. At least that way people who deserve to get screwed over bigtime get screwed over bigtime.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:54 am

What are real problems? A barking dog in Kansas is not the same in CA. I'm not defending any animals. The only animals I like are covered in gravy.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:What are real problems? A barking dog in Kansas is not the same in CA. I'm not defending any animals. The only animals I like are covered in gravy.

I much prefer a barbequed dog to a barking dog! :laugh:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am

cactuspete wrote:
Sparky of SoCal wrote:What are real problems? A barking dog in Kansas is not the same in CA. I'm not defending any animals. The only animals I like are covered in gravy.

I much prefer a barbequed dog to a barking dog! :laugh:

#metoo
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ziggy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Invite a neighbor over for a BBQ a few days after his dog disappears... :stirpot:
ziggy
Fleabitten Varmint

Re: BBQ

Postby dilbert » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:37 am

Anything tastes good when barbequed and with a nice cool beer to wash it down I'm sure the neighbor will be over his loss in no time!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Re: BBQ

Postby pdm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:49 am

Has there been a South Park episode on barking dogs? If not, there really should be. Lots of potential for pissing off PETA and dipshits who treat their dogs better than they treat their neighbors.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News