Perceptions of Trona

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Perceptions of Trona

Postby KissMyTail » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:12 am

tronagirl wrote:The 10 WORST CITIES in CALIFORNIA
Talk about kicking someone while they're down! What kind of scumbag trashes a town a few days following a natural disaster?!

So, the interesting part starts at about 9:30 into the video. Although the guy is slightly funny in a snarky kind of way, he manages to get a number of facts incorrect. So it's obvious that he's just listing cities as part of a comedy routine and that he didn't actually do much research or even visit the cities on his list. Here are some factual errors:
1) he says the chemical company dredged up the lake and this caused it become a dry lake
2) water polluted by toxic chemicals (water beneath lake was always toxic, but local springs are perfectly fine)
3) implies that area has an atypically large number of rattlesnakes
4) Trona is part of the Lucerne Valley (WTF?!!)
5) makes up a business called "Trona Realty" and calls that fictitious business
Although the little comments are funny, they are not accurate. It's hard to have much respect for someone who just makes up a bunch of crap for the sake of creating a popular YouTube video. I know the guy doesn't have time to do his homework, but it's wrong to misrepresent a town just for the sake of comedy.
KissMyTail
Greenhorn

Re: Perceptions of Trona

Postby camel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 am

KissMyTail: Why make up fake things about Trona when there are plenty of true things about Trona which could be said. I'm not saying that Trona deserves to be on the list, but anyone who has been to Trona would have no problem listing a few negatives about the town. It's a nice place for several reasons, but there's no denying that it has its blemishes!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to Local News