TJUSD Board Meeting - October 10, 2013

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - October 10, 2013

Postby BallaratBob » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 am

Football players are supposed to be tough and calling someone a bully just because they kicked your butt on the football field is about the wimpiest thing I've ever heard of. Thanks to this whiny parent now the entire country knows that their football team sucks!!!
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 am

BallaratBob wrote:Football players are supposed to be tough and calling someone a bully just because they kicked your butt on the football field is about the wimpiest thing I've ever heard of. Thanks to this whiny parent now the entire country knows that their football team sucks!!!

It has been leading up to this way of thinking for years now. Starting with not keeping score so nobody knows who sucks. Pushing soccer so a bunch of hard working players carry the lazy unskilled kid. Wait to those kids on the losing team hit the real world and find out how tough it is. Well let me rethink that. They will take some of my money and give it to someone who is busting their butt as hard as me.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:10 am

BallaratBob: Too true!!! Now that high school is famous for being crappy when it comes to football. Hopefully some of their other sports teams are more successful. Being beat 91 to ZILCH is pretty bad, but getting in the news all across the nation for losing like that is about as humiliating as it gets. Sometimes people just do not understand when it is best to keep the lips zipped shut!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 am

Hazed With Poetry? | High School Football Player Suspended
Nothing like a little high school drama!!! :roll2:
But seriously, you don't suspend a kid for writing a poem and then attempt to justify this action be equating legitimate criticism with hazing. That just won't fly and so I predict that some administrators wind up losing their jobs over this one and that a lawsuit gets filed with the school district ultimately paying out a pretty large sum as a settlement. It's always best not to blow a small issue way out of proportion!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Hazed Wtih Poetry

Postby shadylady » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:11 am

Over-reacting is almost always a bad thing, but it's so easy to get caught up in the emotion of a situation. If you feel personally insulted or feel that a friend has been insulted then it might be hard not to over-react. It's important to keep a level head and keep things in proper perspective, but that advise is easy to give and even easier to forget when things get heated!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Teens Fight School Over 'I Heart Boobies' Bracelets
The bracelets are for a good cause and most schools allow students to wear them. People who run schools need to get their priorities straight. It's more important to raise awareness about breast cancer than it is to worry about a silly little word.
:mad2:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:24 am

Will Technology Save Public Education?
This article does a great job of debunking the myth that public schools in the USA are ineffective. In fact, when compared on equal footing with other countries our school system is in the top five in the world. The problem is that most comparisons are made in an unfair manner, which misrepresents the actual data. I believe that the corporate media does this intentionally since they'd like to privatize education, but it is almost certain that privatizing education would further exacerbate the real problem which plagues this country:
So, America doesn't have a public education crisis. Rather, it has a poverty crisis that manifests itself in the self-perpetuating educational vicious cycle in which most poor children, that is to say, black and Hispanic children, are caught and can't escape.

LINK: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-jim-taylor/will-technology-save-publ_b_3977533.html
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:38 am

The Huffington Post doesn't usually publish articles as strong as this one. I'm surprised at the quality of this article. It makes many valid points and stays away from reaffirming some of the propaganda that has been presented in many news articles in recent years. It's refreshing to actually read an article which provides honest info for a change!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News