Gas Prices

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Gas Prices

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:57 am

California Gas Prices Hit Average of $4, Highest in the State Since 2014 :roll2:
It sounds like it's just a temporary increase spurred on by a couple of temporary factors. Nothing to get all worried about. Not like $5/gallon is likely anytime soon.
On the positive side: one expert predicts that gas prices will spike in the next week before gradually decreasing.

https://ktla.com/2019/04/17/california-gas-prices-hit-average-of-4-highest-in-the-state-since-2014/
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BoraxBill » Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 am

The situation in Venezuela has pushed gas prices up a bit and if things heat up too much down there we could wind up with a big surge. I'm against interfering in the affairs of a foreign country and I'm against an increase in gas prices. Nuff said!
BoraxBill
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 am

Agree, it seems like Cuba, China, and Russia are trying to bait us to sticking our nose in. It is a Western Hemisphere problem yes, but a South America problem first. Let the those countries try first. More reason for a wall.
Sparky of SoCal
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby hungrybill » Fri May 03, 2019 7:28 am

From what I hear an embargo deal involving Iran is also a factor that could cause a huge increase in gas prices all of a sudden. Trump will need to be very careful. His re-election depends on his ability to keep the economy under control. Five dollar gas would not help his chances any!
hungrybill
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to Local News