Gas Prices

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Gas Prices

Postby ergot » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:35 am

Drivers can get expect cheap gas this summer
Cheap gas this summer makes this a great summer to take a roadtrip!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 am

What kind of doublespeak is that? Anyone can see the price is going up.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby deathvalleyjake » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:14 am

Even with gas prices dropping from an average of $2.63 to an average of $2.27, traveling isn't necessarily going to be any cheaper since food and accommodations may offset any money saved at the pump. That's usually how things work. When gas prices are high motels and fast food places usually offer better deals and when gas prices are low they don't since they know that there will be plenty of customers on the road. Like most things in life it's a zero-sum game.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 am

Gas prices are not dropping. They are skyrocketing. They only appear to be dropping if you take it out of context and compare them to what they were at this time last year. If you were hiking in Death Valley at this very same time last year and falling off a cliff on Mount Everest right now, you would not be going up. You would be crashing to your death!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:32 am

Since my last post gas prices have been steadily going down again. At least in Ridgecrest. What's up with Trona? They are over 50 cents more per gallon. It almost pays to drive to Ridgecrest to fill up even if you aren't going there. Till recently I've never seen Trona more than 20 cents per gallon over Ridgecrest.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:42 am

The Price Of Oil Is Crashing Again. (Except in Trona where the cheapest gas is currently 61 cents more per gallon than the nearest station in Ridgecrest.)

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... -s-economy

According to this article it's supposed to be bad for the economy due to loss of jobs in the oil industry. Supposedly the overhead is much higher in the US so when oil prices drop the article makes it sound like millions of people get laid off; which makes me wonder. When it happens in Saudi Arabia; what happens? Do they just have some guy go out and turn a valve or something?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:06 pm

surfsteve wrote: When it happens in Saudi Arabia; what happens? Do they just have some guy go out and turn a valve or something?

Saudi's oil is easy access,,,I hey it rains oil there and you just scoop it up in the back yard after a good down pour. Otherwise one has to dig a 10ft deep hole to access it.
It was about 5 years back that I heard the News (think cable business) say that it cost them $6 a barrel to collect it.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:34 am

I was attempting to be humorous. Actually I've read that there are places in the US that only cost 5 dollars a barrel to collect. But that was a while ago so the price may have gone up.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:57 pm

How pilot program results could affect the way you drive
This is a really dumb idea. A gas tax encourages people to purchase more fuel efficient cars. Charging per mile erases this incentive.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Lawmakers vote on new gas tax to fix infrastructure :cry5:
Looks like the price of gas is going up, but it's for a good cause, right?
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News