TJUSD Board Meeting - June 12, 2014

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - June 12, 2014

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks for the repost. Interesting conversations. I wonder what would happen if Trona sent one of it's worst students over to Finland on a 1 year exchange for one of Finland's best students. I guess the bigger question would be how do you convince Finland to trade us one of their best students for one of our worse. I mean those people are supposed to be smart aren't they?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am

I don't know. Maybe we'll have to settle for giving them one of our best students in exchage for one of their worst. Ya got to start negotiations somewhere. You know? Depending on what happens it might even be a good idea for a movie!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 pm

surfsteve: You're talking about sending a kid from the desert to one of the coldest countries around and vice versa. Probably not going to work for either of them.

Academic Achievement and Race: I think of myself as a realist. I'm not biased for or against anything. Let the facts fall where they may. So, what I did is I just compared basic demographics using the following web resources:
1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_African-American_population
2) http://www.act.org/newsroom/data/2013/states.html
3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_American
Here's what I got:
Black Population versus Test Scores:
Test Scores (three bottom states): North Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana
Black Population (highest percentage): Mississippi (1), Louisiana (2), North Carolina (7)
White Population versus Test Scores:
White Population (highest percentage): Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire
Test Scores (highest scores): Maine (4), Vermont (6), New Hampshire (3)

I know I reversed the comparison order for the two groups, but it was the easiest way to show the trend without listing a dozen states. But the conclusion is hard to deny and I've heard all the lame excuses in the world from tests that are culturally biased to the usual blaming it on the teachers. Intelligence is just like any other trait or as they say, genetics is destiny. You give a coach a bunch of kids who have no innate athletic talent and he's probably not going to ever turn them into a highly competitive team. It's not the coach's fault that the kids don't have the genetics to do well in the sport! The same goes with students in schools. Politically correct excuses don't solve problems. It's only when the real source of the problem is acknowledged that something can be done to address it.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:17 am

Teacher Posts "Lewd" Photo, Parents Pulling Students From School
There are people out there who are complete prudes who judge every move that we make and these people (if you can even call them that) need to get a clue and stop making a big deal over tiny little things. Talk about MONUMENTAL OVERREACTION! This is one of the times that the Young Turks are absolutely right!
:smack:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 am

cactuspete wrote:Teacher Posts "Lewd" Photo, Parents Pulling Students From School
There are people out there who are complete prudes who judge every move that we make and these people (if you can even call them that) need to get a clue and stop making a big deal over tiny little things. Talk about MONUMENTAL OVERREACTION! This is one of the times that the Young Turks are absolutely right!

Hmmm... Then what would YOU call them?
:laugh:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildbill » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:42 am

Kindergartner Charged With Sexual Misconduct
Here's what the guy says at the end and it's a pretty good summation of contemporary society: "We're run by machines. We're run by corporate machines. We're run by thoughtless machines. What if somebody gets upset? What if another parent sues us? I don't want any liability, hence infractions will be imposed uniformly, without question, and without judgement. So that's where we are today." It's one big game of Cover Your Ass! Nevermind that a five year old pulling down his pants is a random act of silliness without any sexual intent behind it! Here's a pretty good comment someone left:

welcome to the Politically Correct world of libtardz....this is what you progressives want...no recess...no water guns...common core...every thing is rape...im surprised you didnt label the little boy a misogynist...

I agree that the politically correct progressive libtards are part of the problem, but so are the prudish Bible-thumping idiots on the conservative side of the fence. We live in a society full of idiots who want to make a big deal out of every little thing.
BTW, I almost posted this to the thread on the Sexual Grievance Industry since it seems like we're trying to prepare kids nowadays to become fodder for corporations making money off of that whole scam!
http://www.tronanews.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=314
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 am

wildrose wrote:
cactuspete wrote:Teacher Posts "Lewd" Photo, Parents Pulling Students From School

Hmmm... Then what would YOU call them?
:laugh:

I was thinking about something like prudebots or automatic over-reaction machines or maybe just the phrase "thoughtless machines" as used in wildbill's post. Other words such as morons, idiots, etc. are also quite appropriate and although not quite sufficiently critical, at least provide a hint of the contempt I feel for them!
:thumb:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Did you ever think that maybe you might be over reacting to their over reaction? OMG I hope I'm not over reacting to your over reaction of their over reaction... Where does it end?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:29 pm

wildbill wrote:Kindergartner Charged With Sexual Misconduct
Here's what the guy says at the end and it's a pretty good summation of contemporary society: "We're run by machines. We're run by corporate machines. We're run by thoughtless machines. What if somebody gets upset? What if another parent sues us? I don't want any liability, hence infractions will be imposed uniformly, without question, and without judgement. So that's where we are today." It's one big game of Cover Your Ass! Nevermind that a five year old pulling down his pants is a random act of silliness without any sexual intent behind it! Here's a pretty good comment someone left:

welcome to the Politically Correct world of libtardz....this is what you progressives want...no recess...no water guns...common core...every thing is rape...im surprised you didnt label the little boy a misogynist...

I agree that the politically correct progressive libtards are part of the problem, but so are the prudish Bible-thumping idiots on the conservative side of the fence. We live in a society full of idiots who want to make a big deal out of every little thing.
BTW, I almost posted this to the thread on the Sexual Grievance Industry since it seems like we're trying to prepare kids nowadays to become fodder for corporations making money off of that whole scam!
http://www.tronanews.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=314

The real secret is this was Cenk Uygur when he was a kid! It looks a lot like him. Don't it?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

surfsteve wrote:Did you ever think that maybe you might be over reacting to their over reaction? OMG I hope I'm not over reacting to your over reaction of their over reaction... Where does it end?

Well said
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News