TJUSD Board Meeting - June 12, 2014

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - June 12, 2014

Postby wildrose » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:51 am

cactuspete wrote:
wildrose wrote:
cactuspete wrote:Teacher Posts "Lewd" Photo, Parents Pulling Students From School
There are people out there who are complete prudes who judge every move that we make and these people (if you can even call them that) need to get a clue and stop making a big deal over tiny little things. Talk about MONUMENTAL OVERREACTION! This is one of the times that the Young Turks are absolutely right!

Hmmm... Then what would YOU call them?
:laugh:

I was thinking about something like prudebots or automatic over-reaction machines or maybe just the phrase "thoughtless machines" as used in wildbill's post. Other words such as morons, idiots, etc. are also quite appropriate and although not quite sufficiently critical, at least provide a hint of the contempt I feel for them!
:thumb:
James Sel wrote:
surfsteve wrote:Did you ever think that maybe you might be over reacting to their over reaction? OMG I hope I'm not over reacting to your over reaction of their over reaction... Where does it end?

Well said

It's important to call people on their behavior when they over-react, otherwise they believe that they are being reasonable. Allow them to believe they are being reasonable and pretty soon they start influencing public policy and that has a bad outcome for everyone. It's best to be proactive when it comes to the preservation of personal freedoms and I don't think it is possible to over-react when it comes to any possible threat to our freedoms. Complacency is the problem and it's best to be assertive with the squeaky wheels of the world. Otherwise they'll squeak and squawk to get politicians to make all sorts of laws which limit our freedoms and embolden the Nanny State and force us all to live in an authoritarian and politically correct society.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - June 12, 2014

Postby deathvalleyjake » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 am

Essentially this is what makes the education system work in Finland. It's not the system, it's the people in the system. Once you have a culture dedicated to education, the problem solves itself. What we have in the USA is a lot of lip service and some people trying to make a buck off of education, but very little true interest in improving the system, but the key realization is that it's not the system that is the problem. Teachers in general are very dedicated and have a lot of good ideas, but they can't work miracles, despite a few ridiculous media presentations that suggest otherwise. Remember the media is owned by the big corporations and they want the money spent on public education for themselves.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Previous

Return to Local News