The Confederate Flag Debate

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: The Confederate Flag Debate

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:41 am

Apple Valley HS Teen Says He Was Repeatedly Punched For Asking Student About Confederate
If you watch the video it's clear that the teen making the accusation was verbally harassing another student. That student hit the teen and then the teen retaliated only to be beat down by a kid who was bigger than him. Both students should be punished equally since both contributed equally to the tussle. As for wearing a Confederate flag belt buckle? Freedom of speech! Gotta love it and over-sensitive little pussies who fight like girls gotta learn to live with it!
:laugh:
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:28 am

Driving through town a few days ago I noticed a confederate flag in Pioneer Point. I won't say the street, but it was close to the north end within a couple blocks of the county line. It was just waving there in all its glory and no one was protesting in the street in front of the house. Nothing to make a big deal over. If the person feels proud of the flag, then more power to them. It's not my cup of tea, but I just don't see making a big deal over a flag!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:14 am

tronagirl: I saw it too! I was with a friend and she was totally shocked that someone would actually fly that flag in Pioneer Point. She immediately concluded that the people in that house were racists, but I told her that they might just be from the south and that they might even have ancestors who fought for the Confederate Army. She completely disagreed with me and insisted that they had to be racists. I don't like to make conclusions about people without knowing the whole story, but some people have no problem with jumping to conclusions. Different folks, differnt strokes, I guess.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:27 am

People have a right to be proud of their heritage and no one should be made to feel ashamed for flying a Confederate flag in front of their house. I'm sick of libtards telling us what we can and can't do and what we are allowed to believe. It's supposed to be a free country and so we should be free to fly whatever flag we want to fly in front of our house and no one has the right to tell us otherwise!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:55 am

People who are offended by the Confederate flag need to get over themselves. There just isn't any reason to get all huffy over a piece of cloth. If that's the worst thing you have to deal with in your life then you got it pretty good. For the whiners who want to make a big deal over the Stars and Bars, I suggest channeling your energies into something more productive. Try going for the underwater breath holding record. See if you can make it to ten minutes!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:26 am

My two cents on this issue is that it's a free country and there's nothing wrong with honoring the brave men who fought against the oppression of the north during the Civil War. They stood up to tyranny and they lost, but they didn't go down without a fight. It goes to show that righteousness doesn't always prevail over evil and our country has been all the worse off as a result ever since the south surrendered to the north. Refusing to bow and showing a little Rebel Pride is what this country is all about!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:23 am

sandman wrote:My two cents on this issue is that it's a free country and there's nothing wrong with honoring the brave men who fought against the oppression of the north during the Civil War. They stood up to tyranny and they lost, but they didn't go down without a fight. It goes to show that righteousness doesn't always prevail over evil and our country has been all the worse off as a result ever since the south surrendered to the north. Refusing to bow and showing a little Rebel Pride is what this country is all about!

I agree Lincoln should have just let them have their secession from the union an been done with it.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby recluse » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Confederates Prove How Dumb Racists Are :roll2:
This is moderately funny, but at the same time Cenk and Anna gloat a little too much over a spelling error.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Thumbnail Image
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Obama and Trump TP

Postby sandman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:39 am

There's nothing original about putting something you don't like on toilet paper. I'm sure you can google images for toilet paper decorated with Obama's or Trump's face. I seem to recall seeing toilet paper bearing the face of MLK many years ago while traveling through the southeast. I wasn't impressed then and I'm not impressed now, Mr. Sel.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News