Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby recluse » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm

Halloween Decorations With Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi On Gravestones Raise Few Hackles
If you don't like the decorations, then don't go to the house to view them. It's pretty simple. The gravestones are unobtrusive and quite reasonable decorations. Whining over nothing is just plain stupid.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 am

I wonder if that politician is a result of a no bullying school. Teasing is now called bullying. Those Tombstones are a form of teasing. That tie shows he knows nothing about teasing.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pdm » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am

CookYourPet.com :thumb2:
This site looks like it exists as more of a joke than anything, but it's a joke that will trigger a whole bunch of literal-minded dipshits all over the place!
Ever wondered what to do with your pet dog or cat when you just get tired of it?
Perhaps you need to put it to sleep because, it's getting on in years.
Maybe your dog barks too much or your cat rips up your furniture.

We even offer a variety of chocolate poisons that are only toxic to dogs.

After all, you are what you eat, and eating your pet is the greatest sign of love you can show.

http://www.cookyourpet.com
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Re: National BBQ Your Dog Day

Postby dilbert » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:48 am

Instead of Thanksgiving where turkeys are the main course, I propose that we change the celebration so that we BBQ dogs instead. It seems radical at first, but it's really a pretty good idea. First of all, few people realize just how tasty dog meat can be if properly marinated and cooked. Secondly, many neighborhoods are plagued by the constant sound of barking dogs. Eliminating a few of the obnoxious beasts would certainly quiet things down a bit. And finally dogs should not be put up on a pedestal. They are no more important than any other animal and it's high time that they realize that we can eat them just as easily as we can eat any other animal! The moral of this story is that dogs are delicious!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Re: National BBQ Your Dog Day

Postby tronagirl » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 am

dilbert: While I appreciate your sense of humor, others might be offended. Of course, that's no reason for you not to share your sense of humor. All I'm saying is that some people might feel a bit triggered by the mere suggestion that dogs be eaten here in the USA. Someone might even get quite upset and say something about beating the living crap out of anyone who would harm their precious dog. Some people are a little overly attached to their dogs. It's an irrational kind of thing and when people are irrational they can lose control of their common sense and get carried away emotionally. So, yeah I get your sense of humor, but not everyone is capable of enjoying a silly joke. I feel sorry for those people, but the mentally deficient among us aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: National BBQ A Dog Day

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 am

Shouldn't it be BBQ A Dog Day? It could be abbreviated as BADD that way. Just saying. I mean afterall if you want to spread the idea in the form of a catchy meme, then having a catchy abbreviation might help a bit.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby twister » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 am

All this BBQ dog stuff is quite funny, but the bottom line is that dog owners should be responsible and keep their dogs from barking and disturbing the peace. No one made them get the dogs in the first place and so why should their neighbors be forced to put up with the unnecessary noise? Setting up a system which includes fines for failing to properly control barking dogs would pay for itself and would improve the quality of life for everyone.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pdm » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:29 am

twister: The BBQ dog stuff is obviously a joke. Probably. But there's an important point to be made. Many dog owners seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that they have an obvious RESPONSIBILITY to prevent their dogs from bothering the neighbors. It's so fundamental a responsibility that it's almost amazing that some dog owners don't seem to get it. But then again the world is full of STUPID people and stupid people don't seem to understand the concept of responsibility.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:57 am

pdm: You hit the nail squarely on the head. I can guarantee that the higher the average IQ of the people living in the neighborhood, the quieter that neighborhood will be. Go to any slum and tell me about the noise level there. It's a documented fact that IQs in slums tend to be right around 80. That's 20 points below average! On the other hand, if you go to a nice neighborhood, it will be calm and quiet. Very few barking dogs or any unnecessary noise. If most of your neighbors are college professors, lawyers, doctors, and engineers, you will rarely hear any unnecessary noise. Intelligent people tend to be very responsible and although there may be exceptions, those exceptions are extremely rare and usually involve some form of mental illness. BTW mental illness is another thing you'll find a lot of in slums. Just visit the part of Ridgecrest near Monroe MS and describe what you hear and see.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 am

MojaveMike: You pissed off a few people who live near Monroe! I saw three different posts on Facebook complaining about what you said and insisting that Trona is much worse than anything in Ridgecrest. One person did admit that half of Pioneer Point is pretty nice, but added that most Ridgecrest people never get beyond the high school gym and so they have very limited knowledge of what Trona is really like.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News