Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:26 am

I had heard that there were three deaths in the area over Christmas in the area. One on the train tracks on Christmas day, one just past them on Christmas eve, who I actually knew and one going towards death valley just out of town. Very sad!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:03 am

Ridgecrest Roundup: Arrests made, accidents happen over Christmas weekend
surfsteve: This might be one of the incidents you are talking about.
Janice Giraud, a 60-year-old Trona resident, was found with injuries and pronounced dead on scene on Dec. 24, at around 7:15 p.m., after CHP were called to SR 78 in the unincorporated area of Trona regarding a pedestrian struck by a sedan. Paramedics and California Highway Patrol Officers responded and confirmed the fatality. Mojave CHP is handling the investigation.

http://www.ridgecrestca.com/news/20181227/ridgecrest-roundup-arrests-made-accidents-happen-over-christmas-weekend
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 am

THIS IS THE BEST INFO I COULD FIND:
1) Janice Giraud: Walking in highway. Hit by car traveling over speed limit.
2) Larry Gray: Drunk. Crashed into railway crossing post. Estimated to be traveling at between 80-90 mph.
3) Death at top of Dogwood Street: Apparently elderly man found passed out in car.
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:31 pm

blackturtle.us wrote:1) Janice Giraud: Walking in highway. Hit by car traveling over speed limit.
2) Larry Gray: Drunk. Crashed into railway crossing post. Estimated to be traveling at between 80-90 mph.
3) Death at top of Dogwood Street: Apparently elderly man found passed out in car.

Thanks for the info! I tried finding info online, but there's not a lot to be had.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am

GoFundMe for Larry Gray
Here's a little interesting info that doesn't add much, but fills in a couple pieces of the puzzle.
Larry Gray passed away in the hospital following a tragic one-vehicle auto accident in Trona, California, on Christmas Day. Larry was not insured. We, his immediate family, need assistance and have created this GoFundMe page to raise funds to help defray various expenses that were created by this tragedy including: his burial, and replacement of our mother’s (Karla) only vehicle, which was also lost in the accident.

https://www.gofundme.com/funeral-expenses-for-larry-gray
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:09 am

Cops Called On Neighbor Walking Around In Panda Suit :laugh:
A neighbor makes the ordinary extraordinary and winds up triggering a 911 call!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pdm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 am

panamint_patty: I don't know. When I see someone dressed in an animal costume I think of those perverts who like to pretend they're animals while having sex. I think they call them furries.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:44 pm

MojaveMike wrote:pdm: You hit the nail squarely on the head. I can guarantee that the higher the average IQ of the people living in the neighborhood, the quieter that neighborhood will be. Go to any slum and tell me about the noise level there. It's a documented fact that IQs in slums tend to be right around 80. That's 20 points below average! On the other hand, if you go to a nice neighborhood, it will be calm and quiet. Very few barking dogs or any unnecessary noise. If most of your neighbors are college professors, lawyers, doctors, and engineers, you will rarely hear any unnecessary noise. Intelligent people tend to be very responsible and although there may be exceptions, those exceptions are extremely rare and usually involve some form of mental illness. BTW mental illness is another thing you'll find a lot of in slums. Just visit the part of Ridgecrest near Monroe MS and describe what you hear and see.

When trailer trash type people (of any race) move into a neighborhood they turn it into a slum. You see that more and more in Pioneer Point. It used to be that Argus was the worst part of Searles Valley. What we are currently seeing might be called the "Argusification" of Pioneer Point. I drove through the area today and I saw a bunch of people who looked to be inbred and unsurprisingly they were playing loud music. Loud music and low IQs tend to go together like cheap whores and STDs! Just sayin...
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:57 am

Driving through Trona the last couple days I've noticed lots of white primrose flowers all over the place. Some yards have been particularly blessed with lots of them. It's such a wonderful time of year for wildflowers and it really brightens up the town to have these flowers all around. This year there seems to be more than usual and the white primrose flowers are some of my favs!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 am

panamint_patty: I've noticed those flowers too. Those are my favorites and I've seen a couple yards just completely full of them. It's an amazing sight! It's only a few weeks a year, but it's a great time of the year!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News