Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby twister » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Mom, Son Attacked by Dogs
Hopefully the owners of these dogs will:
A) Lose the right to own dogs
B) Face a huge fine and possible criminal charges
C) Be required to pay an enormous amount in civil liability
Irresponsible people should not be allowed to own dogs. Period.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CoolChick » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:31 am

twister: Criminal negligence at the least should be the charge against the boneheads who were responsible for allowing those dogs loose. I agree with everything you said and I think that's not going far enough. People should really stop and think before they decide to purchase pets capable of harming other people. Too many people are way too casual about pet ownership.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:37 am

CoolChick: Criminal negligence would be reasonable, but I doubt that the owners would face any jail time. It's the lawsuit that will seriously teach them a lesson. Depending on the jury the settlement could be a couple million. That'll have a lasting impact on the owners of those dogs and make them wish they had been more responsible or had never decided to own dogs in the first place!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:19 am

The story of the Instant Karma Machine; Noisy Neighbor Retraining Device
A friend who lives out of state in an apartment complex shared this with me. She lives in an apartment complex below a noisy neighbor. She can't really afford to move and she's trying to deal with the situation before she's driven insane.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 am

Everyone's Upstairs Neighbors :mad2:
tronagirl: I bet your friend will be able to relate to this video, assuming that she hasn't already seen it!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby twister » Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 am

Citrus Heights woman accused neighbors of trapping cats
Technically the cats are trespassing. Authorities won't do anything about that and so what's a homeowner to do? Cats can make messes and they can kill plants and sometimes even worse. Personally I have nothing against neighborhood cats visiting my yard, but I completely understand the predicament someone who doesn't want cats in their yard is in. The perfect solution in my opinion would be to trap the cats, take them to an agency, and for the owners to be notified and required to pay to get the cats back. I think a small fee, like say $100, would be sufficient to get the message across.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Mon May 22, 2017 6:16 am

twister: I've always been a little baffled by the way that cats can pretty much go anywhere they want. Most people welcome cats, but lots of people hate cats. Cat haters have rights too and there should be protections for cat haters so that they don't have to put up with a bad situation or feel like the only solution is to take the law into their own hands.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 am

There are some legitimate concerns about cats. They sometimes poop in other people's yards, they uproot or otherwise damage plants, and they kill birds. Many people like to leave seed out for birds and often cats will hang out around these yards in order to prey upon birds. It could be quite upsetting, especially to a child, to see a cat kill a bird. For these reasons I see nothing unreasonable about capturing a cat and turning it loose several miles away. Cat owners do need to be more responsible, IMHO. All that being said, I enjoy visits from cats, but completely understand why some people don't.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 am

Neighbor accused of throwing bricks at dogs
One of my uncles had something like this happen to him and I witnessed almost all of it at various times since I lived with him for a couple years. He lived next to an older couple who had dogs which they did not take proper care of. They allowed the dogs to bark incessantly and when asked politely to do something about it they seemed bewildered and claimed that dogs need to bark. My uncle explained that the dogs were driving him crazy. After the situation didn't improve a few days later my uncle lost patience with the elderly couple and became verbally aggressive. He called them all sorts of names and accused them of being irresponsible and even suggested that he might call Animal Control on them. So, a few days later my uncle gets confronted by cops who claim that he was attempting to poison the old couple's dogs. He denies it and I explain what I witnessed. Apparently the old couple decided to attempt to silence my uncle by making false claims. Ultimately it backfired on them, but their lack of responsibility and basic consideration caused my uncle a lot of unnecessary stress. The fact that they were old and incapable of taking care of the dogs was no excuse.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby twister » Sun May 28, 2017 7:46 am

Watch Neighbor Unplug Bounce House That Deflated on 12 Kids at Birthday Party
Stupid, selfish people have no consideration and drive their neighbors to doing things they wouldn't normally do under calm circumstances. When you raise the stress level on people you can't expect them to just sit there and take it. The bounce house is one thing, but hiring a DJ and playing loud music is ridiculous. I've heard of people going totally postal and shooting up a party over less. Neighbors need to practice simple, basic consideration. Keep the noise level down and don't expect others to put up with your inconsiderate behavior.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News