Frontier: NO SPEED INTERNET & Verizon: DO THEY EVEN TRY?

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Frontier: NO SPEED INTERNET & Verizon: DO THEY EVEN TRY?

Postby drdesert » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Firefighters Say Verizon Throttled Data Amid Wildfires
Verizon intentionally put lives at risk in order to pressure the fire department to pay more for service. This is how corporations behave in the USA. Not acceptable!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:19 am

I have been following this story also. Verizon has really covered their asses with their press releases blaming it on a lot of different things including computer errors. I am not interested in excuses. I want to see CA step aside from the straw issue for a bit and file criminal complaints. Then follow through and hold real life people accountable, then punish those folks. I would like to see jail time and fines. Then after the cost and overhead cost come out of those fines left over monies go to purchase some fire fighting equipment. Maybe some planes. I want Verizon to feel it in a similar way we feel it by their actions. I understand I am dreaming but what the hell.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am

drdesert: Why is this not at all surprising? Verizon could care less about the safety of fire fighters. They're all about profits and providing the crappiest service possible for the highest possible price. Pathetic!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:38 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:drdesert: Why is this not at all surprising? Verizon could care less about the safety of fire fighters. They're all about profits and providing the crappiest service possible for the highest possible price. Pathetic!

True, but what is surprising is they left this door open to provide documented hard evidence to use against them.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Previous

Return to Local News