TJUSD Board Meeting - October 19, 2017

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - October 19, 2017

Postby ergot » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Liberals Want Halloween Banned!
Social Justice Warriors are some of the most pruddish people in the world. It used to be religious people who were pruddish (and some still are), but now it's liberal progressives who want to tell everyone what not to do. I encourage everyone to dress up in the most politically incorrect costumes they can think of. Be creative and maximally subversive of the social justice warrior agenda!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:33 am

ergot: I like your attitude! We can show our disdain for SJW dogma by doing exactly what they don't want us to do. Black face, Indian costumes, Mexican with sombrero, poncho, and maracas, angry arabian terrorist, Hillary for Prison, etc. Yep, there are plenty of ways to offend SJW snowflakes and for me that makes Halloween even funner! LOL
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am

shadylady: People these days are offended by just about anything and it almost seems like a contest to see who can be offended the most over the most inconsequential thing. The list of things you can't do at each holiday is so long that there's hardly any room for anyone to have any fun anymore. We are forced to be always looking over our shoulders worrying about who is going to accuse us of being insensitive next!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 am

I for one plan on giving extra candy to anyone who comes to my door wearing a politically incorrect costume. I hope there are contests going on all across the nation challenging people to dress up in costumes which would trigger SJW types!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 am

I like the idea of costume contests intended to trigger SJW types. That would be hillarious! As for the extra candy idea, I'm all for it. Excellent idea. However, since this a school-related thread, I wonder what would happen to a student wearing a costume which might be deemed offensive by an administrator that ascribes to SJW ways of thinking.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 am

desertrat: Schools must often answer to SJW types who may be on the school board or influential members of the community. They can't risk upsetting people who might decide to take legal action. As much as people who work at schools might wish to the right thing and encourage freedom of expression, they are often held hostage by SJW victimologists who make a big deal out of the most trivial things.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Teacher apologizes for using 9/11 in a math problem
Seriously? The teacher should not have apologized for anything. Looking through the comments left on YouTube it appears that sane people agree.
Sure lets forget 9/11 and pretend it did not happen. What did the teacher do that was wrong!

Insane. The intent was to teach kids that math can have real-world uses in serious matters.

I'm sorry for all the lives lost, and their families. But using factual events of history for learning is good.

recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 am

Jordan Peterson teaches you how to manipulate others
Interesting insights into how to get people to conform to expectations...
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 am

MojaveMike: Interesting analysis there. Although I think the technique might work with toddlers, it probably wouldn't work with school-age children, especially not older kids.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Is College Worth It? | Better | NBC News
The answer is yes and you can make it a better value by planning wisely.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News