TJUSD Board Meeting - January 11, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - January 11, 2018

Postby dilbert » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am

There is no great mystery here. The guy obviously had ants in his pants and there was no other way for him to relieve his suffering. Anyone who has ever had red ants (the kind that sting like crazy) crawling up his legs and into the crotch will completely understand why he did what he did. The guy deserves a complete reprieve and maybe even a medal of valor for enduring the pain and taking care of the situation in a quick and efficient manner! On the other hand, he might just be a perv. In which case, I would most definitely not award a medal of honor to him! LOL
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby cactuspete » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:57 am

ziggy wrote:LAUSD Teacher Strips Naked On Elementary School Playground, Chases Nearby Students
Bizarre! I never had a PE teacher do anything like this to me! :eek2:
A physical education teacher at Carthay Center Elementary School outraged parents and upset students when he stripped naked on campus Friday and proceeded to chase nearby second-graders and fifth-graders. “All of the kids saw his private parts. Very embarrassing, very upset,” said one parent.

dilbert wrote:There is no great mystery here. The guy obviously had ants in his pants and there was no other way for him to relieve his suffering. Anyone who has ever had red ants (the kind that sting like crazy) crawling up his legs and into the crotch will completely understand why he did what he did. The guy deserves a complete reprieve and maybe even a medal of valor for enduring the pain and taking care of the situation in a quick and efficient manner! On the other hand, he might just be a perv. In which case, I would most definitely not award a medal of honor to him! LOL

I gotta hand it to dilbert. His theory makes as much sense as any other theory and it's totally original from what I can tell. I'm a fan of out-of-the-box, stereotype-busting thinking and so I give him credit for providing a different spin and avoiding the standard conclusion. Innocent until proven guilty is an important principle and we need to put more effort into finding ways to conclude innocence than into ways of deciding that someone is guilty. That being said, we should not actively avoid seeing guilt where there is guilt. My only point is that we often actively avoid seeing innocence where there is innocence.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:48 am

dilbert and cactuspete: I can't imagine that the ants in the pants defense would work in court, unless there is convincing medical evidence that the guy had been severely bitten by ants and a medical doctor is willing to testify that the pain was severe. Otherwise, that kind of defense will be laughed out of court and the guy is in for a long prison sentence.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:46 am

CrustyOldFart: Sure seems like a pretty improbable defense, but you never know, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction, as they say.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:01 pm

The problem with online charter schools
You don't get paid for pretending to work, unless you run an online charter school. Kids in most charter schools are cheated out of an education while those running the schools make lots of money. A few charter schools offer a real education, but virtually all ONLINE charter schools offer nothing except for a way for investors to get rich on public funds. Most students don't complain much since most are perfectly happy being allowed to do less work, but then they wind up woefully unprepared to get a job when it becomes time for them to support themselves.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Charter Schools

Postby cactuspete » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 am

mrgreen: Charter schools for the most part are a scam and online charter schools are scams on steroids! Ninty-five percent of charter schools should be defunded immediately, but that won't happen thanks to all the corruption in our government. At the very least charter schools should be held accountable and that would at least be a small step in the right direction. I really don't like seeing the money I pay in taxes wind up in the hands of crooks. Sorry.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:57 am

What This Nurse Wants You to Know About the Flu: 'Watch This'
Emergency rooms are germ factories and so are schools. The same advice applies in both situations. She might have been a bit sarcastic, but she was 100% correct!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Germ Factories

Postby wildrose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46 am

twister: Germ factories is exactly right. Kids spread germs almost as fast as do flies. Hate to compare kids to insects (seems kind of harsh), but the point is that they don't do a good job of doing things that limit the spread of germs.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Growing Concern Over Children Dying Of The Flu
It's been a bad flu season and it ain't over yet!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Public School Board Member Threatens Boss Of Woman Who Spoke Out Against School Book Banning
It's almost laughable that a school board member would consider himself or herself important enough to be taken seriously in a community and to try to use their "power" to threaten someone. Generally, most people I know consider school board members to be busybodies with too much time on their hands. However, this article does describe an interesting abuse of power and provides a court decision to help clarify the relevant parameters.
A public-official defendant who threatens to employ coercive state power to stifle protected speech violates a plaintiff's First Amendment rights, regardless of whether the threatened punishment comes in the form of the use (or, misuse) of the defendant's direct regulatory or decision making authority over the plaintiff, or in some less-direct form.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20180201/18144539138/public-school-board-member-threatens-boss-woman-who-spoke-out-against-school-book-banning.shtml
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News