TJUSD Board Meeting - January 11, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - January 11, 2018

Postby wildrose » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 am

The Trouble with This Year's Flu Season
As a retired teacher I know all too well that schools are germ factories. Teachers are exposed to lots of germs throughout their careers and people don't appreciate that teachers wind up getting sick far more often than people in other professions. No matter what is done to decrease the spread of germs, there is no way to prevent germs being passed around when lots of kids gather in mass, especially during flu season. HOWEVER, whatever can be done, should be done and a flu shot is not a bad idea.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ziggy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:32 pm

LAUSD Teacher Strips Naked On Elementary School Playground, Chases Nearby Students
Bizarre! I never had a PE teacher do anything like this to me! :eek2:
A physical education teacher at Carthay Center Elementary School outraged parents and upset students when he stripped naked on campus Friday and proceeded to chase nearby second-graders and fifth-graders. “All of the kids saw his private parts. Very embarrassing, very upset,” said one parent.

ziggy
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Skipping in High School
This is a very well-told story. I skipped school a few times in high school, but I never just skipped a single class. That doesn't make much sense.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 am

ziggy: What would make someone who probably worked hard to get a job do something so stupid and random? I'm not very worried about the kids on this one. They'll get over it. Some of the trauma therapy experts out there are probably all worked up over the incident, but the kids laughed it off long ago. What the real question is here is WHY WOULD THE GUY DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am

ergot: I think you're right about the kids. A couple sensitive souls might be troubled and the drama queens are probably playing it up for all it's worth, but no real harm in a situation like this. However, mental health workers will insist otherwise since that's how they convince the public that their services are worth paying for. My experience has been that mental health workers do more harm than good and that's actually being way too kind. As for the reason the PE instructor did what he did. That's extremely perplexing. I hope an explanation is given at some point, but it will probably be kept confidential.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 am

I haven't seen anything new about the stripping PE coach, but I am curious to know why he did it. Was he under the influence of some drug? Does he have some kind of serious psychological issue? Does he have a history of exhibitionism? Obviously he was never arrested for any kind of lewd or indecent conduct charge. Otherwise he wouldn't be an instructor at a public school. That's not necessarily the case at a private school, but I know public schools in California are required to run FBI background checks and take fingerprints and the whole nine yards.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:28 am

Notice that nothing was said in the news clip about him being black. If it had been a white guy they would have shown his face and given his name and anything else they could dig up. But since it was a black guy they keep all that on the low down and claim that it's a matter of confidentiality.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:52 am

I was thinking that maybe one of the kids in the class made a crack about him having a small dick and that the guy decided to prove the kid wrong. Might be an insanely dumb thing to do, but some guys have issues about the size of their male member and other guys are unduly proud of one-eyed trouser snake. Let's face it, a lot of guys have penis size insecurity and when they are triggered by something they just lose it.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am

There's no doubt that a lot of guys have penis size insecurity, but I can't see a guy being set off by a comment a kid made. A guy that sensitive would have a tough time keeping his life together long enough to make it through a teacher credentialing program. On the other hand, if it was a kid whose mother he had an affair with that made the comment and the kid told all the other kids that his mother said that he was underendowed, then maybe that would be enough to set the guy off, especially if all the kids start giggling and looking at him like he's a freak or something. Being overcome by sheer embarrassment might just do it for some guys!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 am

We're probably over-analyzing this situation a little and it's also likely that there will never be a public disclosure accurately explaining why the guy did what he did. It is a perplexing situation since there does not seem to be a rational or reasonable explanation for what they guy did. As for sandman's comment: He's got a point and it would be disingenuous not to acknowledge the presence of the white elephant (so to speak) standing in the middle of the room.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News