TJUSD Board Meeting - March 08, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - March 08, 2018

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 am

Middle School teacher arrested for sleeping with 6th graders
The commentator actually says, and I quote: "It's like a skier going for virgin snow or something..."
:laugh:
Okay, so it's no laughing matter, but he goes on to say it's an epidemic and it's not that either.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:35 am

Teacher gifts oversized Easter baskets to each fifth-grade student at his school
This is nice, but the important thing is how good of a job he does teaching the kids. Feeling good and making people happy doesn't necessarily increase academic performance. It's a cliche to say "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." Like most cliches it's not really true unless we're talking about people with severe deficits cognitively and emotionally.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:23 am

wildrose wrote: It's a cliche to say "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." Like most cliches it's not really true unless we're talking about people with severe deficits cognitively and emotionally.

I tend to agree except I feel the need to point out the obvious: This world is full of stupid people with issues!
:poop: I don't know if I should :laugh: or :cry5:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 am

Parkland high schoolers given clear backpacks
Clear backpacks certainly make it more difficult to smuggle items onto school grounds, but it's like a drop in the bucket when it comes to solving the actual problem.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 pm

MojaveMike wrote:
wildrose wrote: It's a cliche to say "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." Like most cliches it's not really true unless we're talking about people with severe deficits cognitively and emotionally.

I tend to agree except I feel the need to point out the obvious: This world is full of stupid people with issues!
:poop: I don't know if I should :laugh: or :cry5:

Well, there are exceptions to every rule, but generally I agree.
:diablo:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 am

ergot: People who care too much always make me feel suspicious. They always seem to have ulterior motives has been my experience. For that reason I care way more what people know than whether or not they care. Give me competent person over a caring person any day of the week!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News