TJUSD Board Meeting - April 12, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: What Time Is It?

Postby JanuaryJones » Tue May 08, 2018 8:50 am

What Time Is It? Will analog clocks disappear anytime soon? I doubt it. Think of all the clock towers all around the world. Do we want kids to grow up clueless? Does WalMart and other places still sell analog clocks? My guess is that analog clocks will continue to be common for decades to come, if not longer.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - April 12, 2018

Postby tronagirl » Tue May 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Controversy over school's all-inclusive cheerleading policy
Should there be try-outs and a limited number of positions on a team or should everyone just be allowed to be on the team? If everyone makes the team can you have an elite squad and other squads composed of less skillful students? How does any of this affect the development of students and their preparedness for life after graduation?
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Wed May 09, 2018 6:08 am

tronagirl: There's always a lot of drama surrounding cheerleading, but I'm not sure if allowing everyone onto the team will reduce the drama any. It might even make it worse. Also I'm not sure if lack of competition will be the result since like you said there is going to have to be an elite squad and so competition within the team could be intensified. But this modification will probably work at some schools and it probably won't work at other schools. There's no one-size-fits-all solution that's going to work everywhere and every year.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Wed May 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Science experiment caused school fire that hurt students, teacher: Officials
Supposedly it was a rookie mistake. They blame it on a first year science teacher, but also say that this particular experiment has gone wrong on other occasions in different educational settings.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News