TJUSD Board Meeting - September 06, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Mindless Sheeple

Postby mrfish » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 am

shadylady: In theory you're right, but it's obvious that the Democrats prefer mindless sheeple. How else would they get anyone to vote for them?
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Snowflake Mother

Postby sandman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 am

Aren't most teachers democrats? So don't they have a vested interest in producing sheeple? I know some good honest conservative people who are teachers, but aren't most of them liberal scumbags?
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - September 06, 2018

Postby surfsteve » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 am

Even back when I went to school it seemed like any teacher that taught conservative values and encouraged people to think for themselves was under constant threat of being fired. I got a feeling that most teachers today could easily qualify to be prison guards and would be better at working in the stock yards processing cattle than teaching our youth to think for themselves.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Mindless Sheeple

Postby wildrose » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:37 am

sandman: Teachers are probably a little more liberal on average than most people, but in eastern California many teachers are quite conservative. I know there's a stereotype that teachers are supposed to be liberal Democrats, but I think that stereotype mostly applies to cities along the coast here in California.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:54 am

Preschool Apps — The Latest Early Education Trend
Early childhood education is big business. Lots of companies looking for a piece of the pie!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Why are teachers in Europe paid so much better than those in the United States?
Not really much of an answer given to the question asked in the title of this article. All that seems clear is that European nations prioritize teaching to a greater extent than does the USA.
Meanwhile, in the United States, the fading competitiveness of the teaching profession is manifesting itself in recruitment and quality. According to a poll from May, fewer Americans consider a career in teaching to be the right choice for their children, mainly because of low pay. Public schools are facing a staffing crisis, and the drop in competitiveness will make it worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/10/10/why-are-teachers-europe-paid-so-much-better-than-united-states
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News