TJUSD Board Meeting - September 06, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Deputy Present

Postby shadylady » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:37 am

tronagirl: Friends in Beatty say they heard that our players behaved like little babies. Reminds me of that tennis player who had the melt down a few days ago. All excuses and no accountability. Good sports learn from their losses. They don't throw tantrums and have little pitty parties for themselves!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - September 06, 2018

Postby mrfish » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Georgia School Brings Back Paddling As A Form Of Punishment For Its Students :thumb:
This sounds like a really good idea as far as I'm concerned, but the three licks limit should be raised to ten!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Paddling

Postby tronagirl » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:17 am

Since parents are given a choice between three licks and five days of suspension, I see this as quite reasonable. Three licks doesn't seem like much to me, but it might be enough to get the attention of misbehaving students.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 am

So if a student is suspended, they are told not to come back to school for five days. I wonder what happens if a student dis obeys and comes to school anyway. Has that ever happened?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:42 am

Put the fear of the Lord Almighty in them! Like the Good Book says: Spare the rod, spoil the child. A paddle might not be quite as painful as a rod, but it might still get the point across... the backside adequately!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:31 am

Too bad the state of California would never go for this kind of initiative. I agree that three licks isn't enough to make a firm impression on disrespectful and disruptive students. Ten might be enough, but twenty would be more likely to work. Also it would provide room for a number of licks appropriate for different infractions.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Even kindergartners are learning to code
This seems like a constructive use of time. Building skills for the future that might actually lead to employment. What a concept!!!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Learning to Code

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 am

panamint_patty: Heaven forbid that students actually learn something useful at school! The dipshits in Sacramento seem to be deadset on sabotaging the futures of children in our state. Not sure what they have against kids, but everything they do seems designed to mess kids up to the greatest degree possible!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 am

CrustyOldFart: That suspicion has crossed my mind more than a few times. You use the word dipshits to describe the bureaucrats in Sacramento. That's far too nice of a word to use. Quite frankly, I'd call them something far worse, but I'll refrain from doing so in writing!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:00 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:panamint_patty: Heaven forbid that students actually learn something useful at school! The dipshits in Sacramento seem to be deadset on sabotaging the futures of children in our state. Not sure what they have against kids, but everything they do seems designed to mess kids up to the greatest degree possible!

Dipshits grow up. Some get wiser. I'm seeing most don't. Dipshits are simplier to control at the ballot box.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News