Permanent Daylight Saving Time

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Permanent Daylight Saving Time

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 am

Daylight Saving Time Controversy
I'm in favor of staying on Daylight Saving Time all year long. I hate losing an hour of light in the afternoon during the winter. It's so incredibly depressing for it to get dark so soon after work. For me the sun often sets BEFORE I even get off work during November, December, and January. It's so depressing!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Permanent Daylight Saving Time

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 am

I totally agree with you. That's one of the things I loved about Arizona! Daylight savings time was intended to benefit our farmers but since the advent of electricity they all have lights in their barns and on their tractors anyway so there is no need for it at all. I think it's time we took back our time! None of our school children need an extra hour of light in order to be able to milk the cows before they go to school!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 am

AGREED! They rob us of an hour of light every year during the winter months and it's time we take it back!!!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:18 am

Someone has gotta drive out to Daylight Pass and make a video instigating a statewide protest demanding that we stay on Daylight Saving Time all year long! We deserve an extra hour of daylight after work and we should not allow the government to steal it from us! If we're lucky maybe Trump will issue a last minute executive order requiring that California stay on Daylight Saving Time forever! There's still time as of this moment, but it will be too late in less than sixteen hours! We've gotta work fast and the video has got to go viral ASAP!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby cactuspete » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:58 am

drdesert wrote:Someone has gotta drive out to Daylight Pass and make a video instigating a statewide protest demanding that we stay on Daylight Saving Time all year long! We deserve an extra hour of daylight after work and we should not allow the government to steal it from us! If we're lucky maybe Trump will issue a last minute executive order requiring that California stay on Daylight Saving Time forever! There's still time as of this moment, but it will be too late in less than sixteen hours! We've gotta work fast and the video has got to go viral ASAP!

Too late. It's a done deal! But great idea and Daylight Pass would be quite appropriate.
:thumb:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:46 am

Count me in. I'm in favor of PERMANENT DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. I don't like getting up too early in the morning and would rather have the sun up in the afternoon as late as possible. I get a lot more done that way!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm

I think it is a State deal not a Federal thing. Trump is out of this fight. So you have to deal with Sacramento. Good luck there.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:04 am

California voters OK Proposition 7 focused on daylight saving time
This video clearly states that the federal government has authority and that the state cannot change without permission.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:04 am

Lawmakers Propose Sunshine Protection Act To End Daylight Saving Time
I'm in favor of a later sunset time.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am

Spring Forward This Weekend For Daylight Saving Time
Not a great weekend to be operating a clock store! How would you like to have to manually set hundreds of clocks?
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to Local News