Trona 4th of July Earthquake

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Trona 4th of July Earthquake

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 am

Words to live by:
Cryin' won't help you and prayin' won't do you no good!
The whiny little crybaby dipstick "earthquake survivor" probably ought to quit his pussy whimpering and man up!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:34 am

:cry3:
MojaveMike wrote:Cryin' won't help you and prayin' won't do you no good!

:laugh:
BUT LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE!
:thumb:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:24 am

All kidding aside, I do wish you guys and gals and everything in between the best outcome possible. I found this forum when gas was spotty for trips to DV. I have since learned some of you are very informed and problem solvers. I don't agree with your crazy ones, but I understand your point of view. I have worked there, at the plant some 20 plus years ago and have some understanding of the history and the issues of a company town on the outskirts of a somewhat limited funded county. Realization tells how much tax revenue leaves Trona to the coffers of the county from everyone but the plant. That may be a reason, though not justified on the amount of funds being returned. I hope the Governor has the sense to ask the Feds for the money to help you rebuild. Hell, they keep over and over sending money to cities built below sea level all the time when a hurricane floods them. Again, below sea level, over and over. I wish I had more to offer, I am a divorce now that just continues to burn up money, but if down the road you have some kind of pancake breakfast, Earthquake Party or anything like that I will make every effort to attend. You folks are OK by me.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:53 pm

A person I talked to told me that the "little bitch" who wrote the letter was made fun of quite a bit in high school. He said that the last name of the letter writer rhymes with "Crusty-Crotch-ee"! That had me laughing pretty good. I don't know the guy and don't really care to meet him since he sounds like a whiny wimp, but it figures!
:laugh:
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 am

My theory is that this Crusty Crotch guy is just trying to get a little attention. Everybody wants their fifteen minutes of fame and this poor pathetic guy thinks that complaining over nothing is his ticket to fame. Typical victimology tactic. What a loser!!!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Trona Water Company WHAT IS GOING ON?

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 am

Lack Of Water The Most Pressing Concern At Trona Town Hall
My understanding is that everybody has water now, but that it was a long dry spell there for a few days!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:13 am

Passerby spotted Pahrump man underneath Jeep days after earthquake
As unlikely as it may seem, it may turn out to be the case that the only death directly attributed to the earthquakes will be a guy in Nevada. He was working on his car when it was knocked off either blocks or jacks, pinning him underneath. Or at least that's the theory at this point.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

In-shape Gym Closed Due to Earth Quake. Any Alternatives?

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 am

The In-Shape gym in Ridgecrest has been closed since July 4th, due to the earth quake. I drove by yesterday and now they build a fence in front of it so it's looking like it's going to be closed for a long time. A also heard that the old Albertsons, near by, was going to be closed permanently and I am concerned possibly that the same thing may be true about the gym.

I heard we have a weight room here in Trona next door to the Shell station but I never see any cars there. Especially since the earth quake. I am going nuts. The gym was the main thing that has helped me keep my sanity since I moved to Trona.

What about the high school? I heard several years ago that they allowed people to work out there. Is there anything I can attend?

I really miss In-Shape. I hope they reopen soon and don't go the way that the rumors about the old Albertsons are saying!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Trona Water Company WHAT IS GOING ON?

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 am

Honestly I'm surprised they got the water back on so quickly.

I saw the signs for the town hall meeting on the highway coming home from Ridgecrest yesterday evening and we had to laugh because the meeting had already taken place. I'm pretty sure they weren't there when I went there earlier in the day. They must have put them up just before the meeting. I noticed them late afternoon but could only view their backside as I was driving to Ridgecrest.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 am

When I was a kid my uncle in Arizona had a car fall on him that was propped up by steel milk crates. My cousin who was 11 at the time developed super human strength and lifted the car off him to save his life. It was talked about all over for years. Before he lifted the car his older brother and a friend tried to lift it unsuccessfully and left to go get help. It's lucky he happened to come by later.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News