TJUSD Board Meeting - August 13, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - August 13, 2020

Postby wildrose » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 pm

shadylady wrote:
tronagirl wrote: So, obviously not wearing a mask is a pretty trivial issue compared to the other issues that this prominent member of the community has and for more on that you might check out some of the recent comments made in the NEIGHBORS thread which might help explain why many people say that the daughter is a wack job. Of course, this is all just speculation, but 2+2=4 as they say and so I'll leave that one alone....

Having reviewed the statements made in the NEIGHBORS thread, I'd say that there's a pretty obvious reason why the daughter might be a wack job! Girls who are molested by their fathers tend to have psychological problems. They also tend to be highly likely to make false allegations against other men. It's a coping mechanism. Although their thinking is dysfunctional and logically deficient by normal standards, they are trying to prove to themselves that a) other men are just as bad as daddy, and b) daddy's behavior is sort of normal and not so perverted after all when compared to the behavior of other guys. Obviously I'm doing a little bit of armchair psychoanalyzing here, but assuming what others have said and putting two and two together, I think what I've said is pretty plausible. Just as obviously, it's possible that others are mistaken in their assertions and in that case there are other possible explanations which might come to bear, but that's always the case when dealing with an incomplete and possibly inaccurate data set.

It's probably not reasonable to believe everything that was said in the NEIGHBORS thread. It could be that everything said is true, but it is not necessarily so. There are lots of reasons for making false accusations, but generally the reasons are not good reasons. Usually such people come from dysfunctional families, but there are lots of ways that families can be dysfunctional. If the father actually encourages false accusations, then that could be a legal question that should be investigated. One way or the other there are underlying issues which need to be addressed.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:54 pm

The most famous recent case of a false accusation is the so-called "KAREN" case. Not everyone knows the actual story which resulted in that term and so I'll provide a quick summary. Basically this guy was out bird-watching in a park and this lady named Karen was out with her dog and her dog was off its leash and scaring the birds in the area. It just so happened that the park had a rule that dogs must be kept on leashes and so the guy requested that Karen put her dog back on the leash so it would stop running around scaring the birds. Karen, being the typical self-righteous dog-owner who believes their dog is more important than people, objected to this request and rather than take the chance on the guy reporting her, she decided to preemptively call the cops and report that the guy was harassing and threatening her. In other words, she was making a false accusation to protect herself from a legitimate accusation. [The mainstream news media, being the racist halfwits that they are, stupidly spun this as an illustration of white privilege, which it wasn't. The guy happened to be black and the woman happened to be white, but that was merely incidental and not really relevant to the lesson to be learned from this incident. What should be focused on is the technique so commonly used in which a person makes a false accusation in order to take the heat off themselves.]

With all this in mind, it appears likely that the guy being discussed in this thread has weaponized his children and coaxed them into making false accusations in order to divert attention from issues within his family. What exactly those issues may happen to be is a matter of conjecture and many have already presented a few ideas in this thread and in the neighbors thread. BUT one way or the other, it appears that this guy is what you might call a KAREN.
ergot
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby torn80 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 am

tronagirl wrote:
torn80 wrote:
blackturtle.us wrote:The entire meeting lasted about twenty minutes. All five board members were present. Four were wearing masks and one was not wearing a mask. The superintendent wore a mask. (No one else appeared on camera.)

I watched a few minutes of the video carefully to make sure the dipshit wasn't wearing one of those masks that might blend in with his face. I wanted to be fair and not jump to conclusions only to be wrong. The video quality wasn't the best, but there's no denying that the moron wasn't wearing a mask and you can see the other board members on either side of him moved as far away from him as they could. What kind of irresponsible imbecile shows up at a board meeting without a mask and how did such an arrogant fool wind up on a public school board? How is it that the other board members did not vote to censor him? That makes the whole bunch of them look like complete idiots!

That guy is one hell of a piece of work! Some friends and I got together this evening and we had a long discussion. Part of the time we talked about this guy and his family and their issues and there are a lot of them. Quite awhile back I heard about a big meeting at the school. It was supposed to be a meeting of just union members, but there were eavesdroppers and so a lot of people heard about what went on at the meeting. Apparently the board member who wasn't wearing a mask has a daughter who many people say is a bit of a wack job to put it bluntly and many say that the older son isn't much better. According to the stories I've heard (and they seem quite credible, but technically are just rumors) the daughter falsely accused a teacher of improper touching, there were also issues with accusing teachers of making mistakes on grading and treating the son and daughter unfairly, and on top of that the son was allegedly caught with drugs at school and assaulted a school employee in order to prevent the evidence from being confiscated. Somehow that incident got turned around and there was supposed to be a lawsuit against the school employee for assaulting the son even though the son was a big strong football player and the school employee was a middle-aged woman. So, obviously not wearing a mask is a pretty trivial issue compared to the other issues that this prominent member of the community has and for more on that you might check out some of the recent comments made in the NEIGHBORS thread which might help explain why many people say that the daughter is a wack job. Of course, this is all just speculation, but 2+2=4 as they say and so I'll leave that one alone....

But getting back to the eavesdroppers. The school has an intercom system as does most schools and certain people apparently have a nasty little habit of invading the privacy of other employees in order to capture little tidbits of information they can gossip about. As it turns out the board member we are discussing has a brother who works at the school and he has a group of shall we say "flying monkeys" who are his close confidants. Apparently they shared what they heard with him and since then endless retaliation has been the outcome. It's been a lot of little things, but a lot of friction has developed at the school as a result.

If you're unfamiliar with the term "flying monkeys" you should check out this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_monkeys_(popular_psychology)

tronagirl: Flying Monkeys? That's a really great way of illustrating the concept! According to the WikiPedia page: "A flying monkey can be anyone who believes the narcissist's fake persona, including the narcissist's spouse, child, friend, sibling, neighbor or cousin." Also it goes on to say: "Despite this (all the assistance they provide to the narcissist), the narcissist does not hesitate to make flying monkeys his or her scapegoats when and if needed." As I understand it this particular person being discussed would qualify as a narcissist for a number of reasons, but many people say that he is self-aggrandizing and that he considers himself to be a legend in his own mind. Apparently he has won a few minor prizes by participating in rodeo events. Not a lot of competition there and so his accomplishments are easily over-rated. As others have stated, this is all speculative. There's clearly an issue and obvious dysfunctionality, but there are a lot of unknowns and so nothing can be stated definitively.
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 am

Taft mom says daughters, nephew exposed to explicit photos while distance learning
First of all, no one I know has ever died as a result of looking at a picture. Secondly, if people are so psychologically frail that they can't deal with a naked body or even people engaged in a sex act, then they are snowflakes of the worst kind. Finally, just get over it. Children can handle images like this as long as an explanation is provided by adults who are mature enough to be grounded in reality.... which unfortunately is rare these days!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:33 pm

AT&T outage disrupts emergency services, distance learning
It says AT&T, but I know people who don't use AT&T who lost phone service and their internet connection.
The loss in service impacted emergency phone numbers for the Indian Wells Valley and Trona areas. Hundreds of students in the Sierra Sands Unified School District were also reportedly knocked offline by the loss of service....

LINK: http://www.news-ridgecrest.com/news/story.pl?id=0000011720
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby drdesert » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:13 pm

shadylady wrote:
tronagirl wrote: So, obviously not wearing a mask is a pretty trivial issue compared to the other issues that this prominent member of the community has and for more on that you might check out some of the recent comments made in the NEIGHBORS thread which might help explain why many people say that the daughter is a wack job. Of course, this is all just speculation, but 2+2=4 as they say and so I'll leave that one alone....

Having reviewed the statements made in the NEIGHBORS thread, I'd say that there's a pretty obvious reason why the daughter might be a wack job! Girls who are molested by their fathers tend to have psychological problems. They also tend to be highly likely to make false allegations against other men. It's a coping mechanism. Although their thinking is dysfunctional and logically deficient by normal standards, they are trying to prove to themselves that a) other men are just as bad as daddy, and b) daddy's behavior is sort of normal and not so perverted after all when compared to the behavior of other guys. Obviously I'm doing a little bit of armchair psychoanalyzing here, but assuming what others have said and putting two and two together, I think what I've said is pretty plausible. Just as obviously, it's possible that others are mistaken in their assertions and in that case there are other possible explanations which might come to bear, but that's always the case when dealing with an incomplete and possibly inaccurate data set.

Making false allegations against other men is also a first step in gaining the nerve to turn daddy in. Daddy has no choice but to back his daughter to the hilt since he has to do everything he can to make sure his daughter does not turn against him. He's a hostage of his own perversion. He knows his daughter is making up stuff against the other man, but he can't confront his daughter because he knows that if he makes her mad that he's toast! It's one hell of a bind to be in, but he deserves it! It's only a matter of time....
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby hand » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Funny how someone can wind up a hostage on a train on which he was originally the conductor. Fortunately this usually only happens to the worst of us....

My dad's only vice was that he made me listen to way too many oldies and maybe he did a little too much weed on weekends, but this song stuck with me and the horrid little story told on this page somehow reminded me of this song. This song has also been covered by Metallica and Iron Maiden, but Jethro Tull does it best:
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:17 pm

drdesert: Or it could be that the father is protecting another adult male relative. Let's see there could be an uncle, grandfather, cousins, or even older siblings. In any case, the false accusation could just be a first step towards accusing the actual culprit. Quite often false accusations are made against easy targets because it's too painful to accuse the actual person who committed the molestation. It's sort of like accusation by proxy. Definitely not logical or reasonable, but something that an emotionally stunted person might do. I make no excuses for false accusers of any age, but there are common patterns which occur in these situations.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:22 am

hand: I gotta hand it to you, that's a damn good song. And I can see why it came to mind! Very appropriate!
:laugh:
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby wildrose » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:23 am

rainbow wrote:The two propaganda items I found to be most obviously false:
1) children can't spread the virus
2) learning losses are permanent
The second I heard these two assertions I knew I was listening to a fool or a liar. They are so obviously false that only a fool would believe either of these statements.

Both are obviously false, but I've seen both assertions made several times. I don't know which claim is more outrageous. An ounce of commonsense is all it takes to realize they are both outright lies.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News