TJUSD School Board Meeting - January 10, 2013

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD School Board Meeting - January 10, 2013

Postby desertrat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 am

Teacher Tweets: 'I'm Naked, Wet, & Stoned' :thumb:
Make this woman TEACHER OF THE YEAR!!! I wish I had a teacher this hot when I was in High School!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am

desertrat wrote: Teacher Tweets: 'I'm Naked, Wet, & Stoned' :thumb:
Make this woman TEACHER OF THE YEAR!!! I wish I had a teacher this hot when I was in High School!

Definitely TEACHER OF THE YEAR material if you ask me. Maybe she can be persuaded to teach ADULT ED, in which case I'm signing up ASAP!!!
:thumb:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 am

Olney lays out TJUSD strategic plan
Not a lot of substance in the article, but the names of a couple administrators were mentioned...
:roll:
Areas needing improvement, he said, are parent involvement, the expertise of tutors in content areas, vocational education to make sure the district is preparing students for the work force, the availability of the school after hours, tracking student work.

LINK: http://www.ridgecrestca.com/article/20130216/NEWS/130219842
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 am

Parents Sue: Yoga is Religious Indoctrination?
This is why we can't have good stuff in this country. The school district is offering an alternative physical activity to help get kids physically active and some religious lunatics decide that somehow that equates to promoting a religion they don't agree with. When ignorance combines with power (hiring a lawyer in this case) everyone is negatively impacted!!!
:curse:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 am

Kids Get 'Fat Letters' Home From School
The hosts talk about a school district that sends letters home with students identifying them as over-weight. It appears that the letters are based completely on BMI which is basically just a height to weight ratio. The hosts complain that body composition should be considered, but they fail to mention that measuring body composition is quite invasive and requires a greater amount of time. If the district measured body composition probably parents would be complaining about that since they'd claim that they don't want their kids being poked and prodded by school staff. Also there's more discussion about the Yoga Scandal in San Diego. It seems that no matter what schools do, someone's going to complain!
:smack:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News